|Classes:||BUDGET MID-RANGE LUXURY|
|Activities:||City tour, Village Tour, Culture Tour, Historical tour.|
|Min Persons:||7||Max Persons:||10|
Day 1: Dar es Salaam City TourIn the morning at 08:30 hrs, or early afternoon, we pick you up from your hotel in Dar. We begin with a half day city tour and Mwenge Art tour where you can see wood carvings, cloth painting arts (like batiks, tinga tinga) and many other arts and crafts. This tour will take you also to the National Museum to see the Skull of Zinjathropus which was discovered in the Ngorongoro Olduvai Gorge area.
meal plan: lunch (if early start), dinner
accommodation: budget: to be agreed on booking
Day 2: Gera UloleWe continue with your tour to Geza Ulole just 20 km South of Dar es Salaam. At Mboamaji, the original village on the coast, you visit a four centuries old, historic Mosque, a slave port from where slaves were transported and some old muslim graves. You will also see the local fishermen carrying out their daily activities and fishing from their Dhows. During an afternoon walk through the village you experience the lifestyle and culture of the Zaramo people, the original inhabitants of the village. You may also visit the grave of the unfortunate virgin who was buried alive. The Kali Mata Ki Jai is a Dutch women’s initiative that organise the history and culture tours. Their main purpose is to promote small development projects for the village women. Their greatest success is the export of henna to Europe.
meal plan: breakfast, lunch & dinner
accommodation: budget: Kali Mata Guesthouse
Day 3: Dar - BagamoyoAfter breakfast we drive to Bagamoyo Village town, north of Dar es Salaam, to see the historic city of Bagamoyo. We will also see the Kaole Ruins of the Shirazi trade town (13/17 century). The old cathedral, coral museum, coral mosque at Kaole will be visited. And Caravan Serai, which is an old terminus of the slave caravans coming from the interior to the shore of the Indian Ocean. The catholic mission is the oldest in this area and seat of an important museum on the slave liberation. The explorers Burton, Livingstone, Stanley and Speke lived here and organized their expeditions to the interior. You can also see German architecture at the Old Boma and the Customs House etc.
meal plan: breakfast, lunch & dinner
accommodation: budget: The Resort
Day 4: Bagamoyo - Dar es SalaamMorning at leisure on the beach. Optional activities: visit the Bagamoyo School of Arts for a Ngoma (traditional dance) session – this may be arranged upon prior notice. (extra cost applies). Lunch will be served at the Resort. After lunch, we drive back to Dar es Salaam and drop you off at the agreed location.
meal plan: breakfast, lunch
accommodation: no accommodation on this day.
*** End of Service ***
|DZ01: Dar es Salaam & Bagamoyo Historic Safari (DZ01)|
please contact us for current prices and accommodations on this tour
|Product Class||price per person|
|price per person|
|Please contact us (form above top right) for budget prices.|
|Please contact us (form above top right) for mid-range prices.|
|Please contact us (form above top right) for luxury prices.|
Included in Price:
- All activities as per the itinerary
- All Accommodation as per itinerary – N.B. accommodation mentioned in the itinerary is dependent on availabilty at the time of booking; alternatives of a similar class may be booked instead
- All meals as per itinerary (3 a day unless otherwise stated)
- All transfers to and from agreed pick up and drop off points (e.g. Airport, Bus Station or hotel in town etc)
- All camping gear (if you are camping)
- Service of an English speaking driver/guide
- Safari base 4×4 Vehicle with open roof for game viewing (sometimes a saloon car or other SUV for excursions in town etc.)
- Driver’s salary and allowances and park fees for vehicle and driver
- Bottled mineral water daily
- All Government taxes
- All Museum Fees.
- All Historic and Culture Site or Event Fees
Exluded in Price:
- Extras, personal expenses i.e. drinks, telephone, laundry etc.
- Optional activities not outlined on the itinerary
- International flights & corresponding taxes
- Flying doctors rescue services
- Travel, medical, injury and luggage insurances
- Tips to the driver & guides
- Anything else not mentioned in the inclusions (above).