|Activities:||Hiking, Trekking, Swiming|
|Min Persons:||2||Max Persons:||7|
Kigoma town - Mahale Mountains Park
We will pick you up from the agreed point in Kigoma town and transfer you to Mahale Mountains National park. The drive will take about 6 hours to reach the Bilenge head quoter. Then take a fibreglass boat to the Kasiana area, where you will check in at your accommodation. Evening you can enjoy and relax at the beach over Lake Tanganyika.
Day 2: Chimpanzee Tracking in Mahale Mountains National Park
You will have morning and afternoon chimpanzee tracking in the forest. The park is mainly famous for housing some of the world’s last remaining wild chimpanzees. There are 700 to 1,000 chimps in Mahale, divided into different communities. The habituated Mimikere community studied by the Japanese since 1965 presently has about 80 Chimpanzees, and its territory is close to the area where you will stay overnight. The evening proceeds with the mountain hike to search for other forest primates such as vervet, blue, red-tailed and red colobus. The endemic Angolan black and white colobus is found in the montane forest on the higher slopes. More than 200 species of birds have been recorded in the park
Day 3:Another Chimpanzee Tracking in Mahale Mountains National Park
After breakfast, you will track more chimpanzees in the forest. The park is also known for forest and water birds. These include the crowned eagle, scaly francolin, crested guinea fowl, Ross’s turaco, giant kingfisher, and the globally threatened Kungwe Apalis. Evening you can swim at the beach of Lake Tanganyika.
Day 4: Mahale Mountains National Park -Kigoma town
After breakfast, transfer by boat to the head quoter where you will meet your driver and return to Kigoma Town, where the tour will end up at your home, airport or railway station.
*** End of Service ***
|WC03: WC03 - 4 Days Mahale Mountains Safari|
please contact us for current prices and accommodations on this tour
|Product Class||price per person|
|price per person|
|Please contact us (form above top right) for budget prices.|
|Please contact us (form above top right) for mid-range prices.|
|Please contact us (form above top right) for luxury prices.|
- All activities as per the itinerary
- All Accommodation as per itinerary – N.B. accommodation mentioned in the itinerary is dependent on availabilty at the time of booking; alternatives of a similar class may be booked instead
- All meals as per itinerary (3 a day unless otherwise stated)
- All transfers to and from agreed pick up and drop off points (e.g. Airport, Bus Station or hotel in town etc)
- All camping gear (if you are camping)
- Service of an English speaking driver/guide
- Safari base 4×4 Vehicle with open roof for game viewing (sometimes a saloon car or other SUV for excursions in town etc.)
- Driver’s salary and allowances and park fees for vehicle and driver
- Bottled mineral water daily
- All Government taxes
- Inland flight fares (if that is part of your itinerary)
- Train fares (if that is part of your itinerary)
- Boat fares (if your itinerary icludes a boat journey in Tanzanian Waters)
- Extras, personal expenses i.e. drinks, telephone, laundry etc.
- Optional activities not outlined on the itinerary
- International flights & corresponding taxes
- Flying doctors rescue services
- Travel, medical, injury and luggage insurances
- Tips to the driver & guides
- Anything else not mentioned in the inclusions (above).