A Day Trip Tour to Gombe National Park from Kigoma
|Min Persons:||2||Max Persons:||7|
Gombe National Park is the smallest national park in the country but also one of the wildest and most rewarding, covered in forested hills along the unspoiled shores of Lake Tanganyika.
You will be picked up from your accommodation in Kigoma very early at 6:00 am and transferred to the ferry station where you will meet your private speed boat. Then ride through Lake Tanganyika, the longest lake in Africa and the deepest lake in the World, for two hours before reaching the park. On arrival, you will have breakfast. After breakfast, start your excursion.
The most popular way to explore is on a guided chimpanzee trek, which takes you deep into the forest in search of close encounters with one of the habituated troops. With about 100 eastern chimpanzees in the park, sightings are guaranteed (although you may have to trek for a few hours to find them). These intelligent and sophisticated animals share over 98 per cent of the same genetic code as humans, and the similarities are evident in their unique personalities and family interactions. Once you find the troop, you can spend up to an hour watching them play, bicker, feed, and groom one another.
Chimpanzees aren’t the only wildlife you’ll find at Gombe, nor the only primates. You will also likely see olive baboons foraging for food on the lakeshore and endangered ashy red colobus and red-tailed monkeys swinging from the forest canopy. Blue and vervet monkeys are frequently spotted, while other forest dwellers include bushpigs, hippos, and leopards. Gombe is also home to over 200 bird species and 250 different butterflies, making it a nature photographer’s paradise.
Evening, walk back to the lake shore where you will be returning your speed boat to Kigoma town. On arrival at Kigoma, we will transfer you back to the hotel where the tour will end.
*** End of Service ***
|WC04: A Day Trip Tour to Gombe From Kigoma |
prices are valid for tours beginning before: 2024-06-30
|Product Class||price per person|
|price per person|
|WC04 Budget||pax 2 - 3:|
|pax 4 - 6:|
|Please contact us (form above top right) for mid-range prices.|
|Please contact us (form above top right) for luxury prices.|
- All activities as per the itinerary
- All Accommodation as per itinerary – N.B. accommodation mentioned in the itinerary is dependent on availabilty at the time of booking; alternatives of a similar class may be booked instead
- All meals as per itinerary (3 a day unless otherwise stated)
- All transfers to and from agreed pick up and drop off points (e.g. Airport, Bus Station or hotel in town etc)
- All camping gear (if you are camping)
- Service of an English speaking driver/guide
- Safari base 4×4 Vehicle with open roof for game viewing (sometimes a saloon car or other SUV for excursions in town etc.)
- Driver’s salary and allowances and park fees for vehicle and driver
- Bottled mineral water daily
- All Government taxes
- All Museum Fees.
- All Historic and Culture Site or Event Fees
- Extras, personal expenses i.e. drinks, telephone, laundry etc.
- Optional activities not outlined on the itinerary
- International flights & corresponding taxes
- Flying doctors rescue services
- Travel, medical, injury and luggage insurances
- Tips to the driver & guides
- Anything else not mentioned in the inclusions (above).