|Activities:||Game Drives, Boat Safari, Walking Safari, Chimp tracking, Forest walk, Birding, Kayaks, Snorkeling , Fishing Snorkeling, Honeymoon relaxation.|
|Min Persons:||2||Max Persons:||7|
Day 1: Arrival in Dar es Salaam
We meet and greet you in the arrival area at Nyerere International Airport. Our officer will take you to our shuttle and you set off to the city center for dinner and overnight stay.
Day 2: Dar es Salaam - Mikumi
After breakfast, we transfer you to the airport for a scheduled flight to Mikumi. In Mikumi you will be met and transferred to your lodgings for lunch. Afternoon game drives in Mikumi National Park.
Day 3: Full day in Mikumi
All meals served at your lodgings with morning and afternoon game drives in Mikumi National Park. This park is nestled between the Uluguru Mountain to the northeast, the Udzungwa Mountains and the Rift Valley Escarpment to the southwest and is part of the Selous ecosystem. This region of Tanzania boasts a high density of game.
Day 4: Mikumi - Selous
Breakfast and lunch are served at your Mikumi lodgings with a morning game drive in Mikumi National Park before lunch. Then you are transferred to the airstrip for your scheduled flight to Selous. On arrival you will be met and transferred to your lodgings for an afternoon of leisure.
Day 5: Full day in Selous
Breakfast is served at the camp, with morning and afternoon game drives in the reserve. Selous is the largest game reserve in Africa. It is 4 times the size of the Serengeti and somewhat larger than Switzerland. It possesses a diverse landscape from hot volcanic springs, swamps and lakes and channels from the Great Ruaha and Rufiji Rivers. Providing the weather has left the road in a good condition you can visit the famous hot spring and the Selous Grave.
Day 6: Full day in Selous
Breakfast and lunch are served at the camp with morning and afternoon game excursions in the reserve. The mornings game experience is a true adventure – a walking safari escorted by an armed ranger. After lunch take a short rest and then embark on a boat safari on the Rufiji River.
Day 7: Selous - Ruaha
After breakfast you will be transfered to the airstrip for you scheduled flight to Ruaha National Park. On arrival you will be met and transferred to your lodgings in time for lunch and later an afternoon game drive in the park.
Day 8: Full day in Ruaha
Breakfast is served at camp. Morning and afternoon game drives with a picnic lunch in Ruaha National Park. Now that the adjoining game areas have also been designated a national park status Ruaha is the largest park in East Africa.
Day 9: Full day in Ruaha
Breakfast is served at the camp. Morning and afternoon game drives the park. This park is famous for the highest concentration of elephant, more than any other park in East Africa, a place where magnificent mammals like Kudu (both greater and lesser), Sable and Roan antelopes can be spotted.
Day 10: Ruaha - Katavi
After breakfast transfer to the airstrip for your scheduled flight to Katavi National Park. On arrival you will be met and transferred to your lodgings for an early lunch, and afterwards an afternoon game drive in the park.
Day 11 & 12: Full day in Katavi
Breakfast is served at the camp. Your morning and afternoon game excursions in Katavi include game drives, walking and bird watching. An estimated 4,000 elephant converge on the area, as do several herds of buffalo, herds of over 1000 nimals. An abundance of giraffe, zebra, impala and reedbuck provide easy pickings for the numerous prides of lion and spotted hyena clans whose territories cross on the floodplains.
Day 13: Katavi - Mahale
After breakfast transfer to the airstrip for you scheduled flight to Mahale National Park. On arrival you will be met and transferred to your lodgings for lunch and an afternoon excursion of your choice.
Day 14 to 16: Full days in Mahale
Breakfast is served at the camp, with morning and afternoon excursions in Mahale National Park. You will have a choice of excursions to do every day such as chimpanzee tracking, forest walks, birding, boat trips, kayaking, snorkeling and fishing.
Day 17: Mahale - Zanzibar
After breakfast transfer to the airstrip for your scheduled flight to Zanzibar. On arrival you will be met and transferred to your lodgings. The rest of the day is free for you to do whatever pleases you. There are a thousand things to do and see in Zanzibar, so a little research before you come is advised. Or just ask your guides at any time.
Day 18: Zanzibar - Pemba
After breakfast check out and depart for an extremely interesting spice tour. In the afternoon you will be transferred to the airport for your scheduled flight to Pemba. On arrival you will be met and transferred to Fundu Lagoon.
Day 19 to 21: Full days in Pemba
Full days at leisure at Fundu Lagoon (with the options of diving, snorkeling (and other motorized water sports not included in the package).
Day 22: Pemba - Dar es Salaam
Morning at leisure, after lunch transfer to Chake Chake airport for your scheduled flight to Dar es Salaam. On arrival you will be met and assisted to connect your international flight back home.
*** End of Service ***
|TS03: Luxury Safari Holiday - Southern & Western Circuits (TS03)|
please contact us for current prices and accommodations on this tour
|Product Class||price per person|
|price per person|
|Please contact us (form above top right) for budget prices.|
|Please contact us (form above top right) for mid-range prices.|
|Please contact us (form above top right) for luxury prices.|
- All activities as per the itinerary
- All Accommodation as per itinerary – N.B. accommodation mentioned in the itinerary is dependent on availabilty at the time of booking; alternatives of a similar class may be booked instead
- All meals as per itinerary (3 a day unless otherwise stated)
- All transfers to and from agreed pick up and drop off points (e.g. Airport, Bus Station or hotel in town etc)
- All camping gear (if you are camping)
- Service of an English speaking driver/guide
- Safari base 4×4 Vehicle with open roof for game viewing (sometimes a saloon car or other SUV for excursions in town etc.)
- Driver’s salary and allowances and park fees for vehicle and driver
- Bottled mineral water daily
- All Government taxes
- All National Park and Game Reserve Fees
- If included in your itinerary: foot safaris, boat safaris
- TANAPA armed ranger (where needed, eg. on foot safaris, some boat safaris etc.)
- Crater service fees (if visiting Ngorongoro Crater)
- All Nature Trail Fees.
- Inland flight fares (if that is part of your itinerary)
- Train fares (if that is part of your itinerary)
- Boat fares (if your itinerary icludes a boat journey in Tanzanian Waters)
- Extras, personal expenses i.e. drinks, telephone, laundry etc.
- Optional activities not outlined on the itinerary
- International flights & corresponding taxes
- Flying doctors rescue services
- Travel, medical, injury and luggage insurances
- Tips to the driver & guides
- Anything else not mentioned in the inclusions (above).