Western & Southern Circuits & Mafia Island
|Activities:||Chimp Trekking, Game Drive, Wilderness Walking Safari,Boat Safari,Hiking, Beach Relaxactions.|
|Min Persons:||2||Max Persons:||7|
Day 1: Arrival
We pick you up at Julias Nyerere International Airport in Dar es Salaam and transfer you to your lodgings. Dar es Salaam is Tanzania’s premier city, and its commercial capital. Dar’s name translates to the ‘Haven of Peace’. It started life as a fishing village in the mid 19th century when the Sultan of Zanzibar developed a creek (now a harbor) into a safe port and trading center. Now it’s a teeming metropolis of 5.5 million people where Arab dhows mingle with huge ocean-going vessels.
Day 2: Dar es Salaam - Kigoma - Gombe Stream National Park
After breakfast, you are transferred to the Airport in time for your scheduled flight to Kigoma Town. On arrival, you are driven to the port on Lake Tanganyika and then depart by boat to Gombe Stream National Park. In the afternoon you can maybe view some chimpanzees and visit Kakombe waterfalls. Kakombe is approximately a 30-minute walk from camp. You will often pass these falls when tracking chimps.
Day 3: Gombe Stream National Park
Set off after breakfast to track chimps in the forest. Unless you take a packed lunch you will normally go back to your lodgings at lunchtime. In the afternoon there are many options, depending on how energetic you feel. Choose between further chimpanzee tracking, walking on the beach or swimming. It is also possible to visit local fishing villages close to the park and get the first-hand experience of life in a typical African village.
Day 4: Gombe National Park - Ruaha National Park
After breakfast, you depart to the airstrip for your flight to Ruaha National Park. On arrival at Ruaha, you will be picked up with your driver-guide and proceed with game on route while transfer to your accommodation.
Days 5 & 6: Full Day Game drives in Ruaha National Park
Game drives in Ruaha National Park, walking in the wilderness – so much wildlife to see! There are many birds in the park too including Eurasian migrants.
Day 7: Ruaha National Park - Udzungwa Mountains National Park
Breakfast at your accommodation, then leave with your packed lunch with game en route to Udzungwa Mountains National Park. We stop at the Ismila Stone Age Site, one of Africa’s most important historical sites. We arrive in the early afternoon giving you time to relax and perhaps to stroll around this charming market town. Expect to arrive in the mid-afternoon. A restful and relaxing evening at your lodgings.
Day 8: Wonderful Walking in Udzungwa Park
Breakfast in your accommodation then set out to trek this extremely beautiful area. Lunch in the bush after which you are off to explore a lovely waterfall and you will probably see the endemic red colobus monkey. The beautiful scenery and the usual glorious sunset; the fresh air and exercise will help you relax and make you ready for a lovely dinner at camp.
Day 9:Udzungwa Mountain National Park - Mikumi National Park
After breakfast, we depart to Mikumi National Park for a full day game drive. An afternoon game drive in Mikuni National Park before retiring to your lodgings.
Day 10: Mikumi Park - Selous Game Reserve
We depart for Selous Game Reserve. The journey will take about 8 hours due to road conditions over the Uluguru Mountains. We cross rivers and pass small local villages and farms. A game drives en route, before checking into your lodgings inside the reserve.
Day 11: Full Day Selous Game Reserve
A morning walking safari accompanied by an experienced guide. You will really experience that magical, African bush excitement – just like the explorers over a century ago. Back for lunch. In the afternoon, we organize a boat safari on the Rufiji River, where you’ll admire hippos and crocodiles in their natural habitat and many other animals and birds that line the banks of this magnificent river
Day 12:Full Day Selous Game Reserve
After breakfast, a full day game drive in Selous, the Rufiji River, and its adjoining swamps and savanna feature a large number of animals. The miombo woodland too. In these varied landscapes, you may see lion, elephant, kudu, wild dog, leopard – in fact almost any East African animal or bird.
Day 13: Selous Game Reserve - Mafia Island
Breakfast at your accommodation then transfers to Mtemere airstrip for your flight to Mafia which leaves at 9 am. On arrival in Mafia, you are transferred to your lodgings where you can relax before dinner.
Days 14,15,16,17,18 &19: Relaxation on Mafia Island
These days are for your leisure on Mafia Island with optional water sports. The warm, colorful waters of the Indian Ocean surrounding Mafia Island provide an ideal location for many seaside activities. Enjoy some of the best diving and snorkeling there is off the East African coast. Explore the many coral reefs that are teaming with tropical marine life. There are over 400 species of fish inhabiting the reefs around Mafia.
Day 20: Mafia Island - Dar es Salaam
Transfer to Mafia airstrip for your flight back to Dar. On arrival in Dar, you will be picked up at the airport and taken to your lodgings. The shower and little rest, then we pick you up in the afternoon for the Dar es salaam city tour.
Day 21: Departure Day
Transfer to Julias Nyerere International Airport in time for your scheduled flight back home.
*** End of Service ***
|TS04: Africa Relaxation Wildlife Safari -(TS04)|
please contact us for current prices and accommodations on this tour
|Product Class||price per person|
|price per person|
|Please contact us (form above top right) for budget prices.|
|Please contact us (form above top right) for mid-range prices.|
|Please contact us (form above top right) for luxury prices.|
- All activities as per the itinerary
- All Accommodation as per itinerary – N.B. accommodation mentioned in the itinerary is dependent on availabilty at the time of booking; alternatives of a similar class may be booked instead
- All meals as per itinerary (3 a day unless otherwise stated)
- All transfers to and from agreed pick up and drop off points (e.g. Airport, Bus Station or hotel in town etc)
- All camping gear (if you are camping)
- Service of an English speaking driver/guide
- Safari base 4×4 Vehicle with open roof for game viewing (sometimes a saloon car or other SUV for excursions in town etc.)
- Driver’s salary and allowances and park fees for vehicle and driver
- Bottled mineral water daily
- All Government taxes
- All National Park and Game Reserve Fees
- If included in your itinerary: foot safaris, boat safaris
- TANAPA armed ranger (where needed, eg. on foot safaris, some boat safaris etc.)
- Crater service fees (if visiting Ngorongoro Crater)
- All Nature Trail Fees.
- Inland flight fares (if that is part of your itinerary)
- Train fares (if that is part of your itinerary)
- Boat fares (if your itinerary icludes a boat journey in Tanzanian Waters)
- All Museum Fees.
- All Historic and Culture Site or Event Fees
- Extras, personal expenses i.e. drinks, telephone, laundry etc.
- Optional activities not outlined on the itinerary
- International flights & corresponding taxes
- Flying doctors rescue services
- Travel, medical, injury and luggage insurances
- Tips to the driver & guides
- Anything else not mentioned in the inclusions (above).