|Activities:||Trekking, viewing animals and scenery on the way;|
|Min Persons:||2||Max Persons:||7|
Mwanihana Peak is the second highest peak in Udzungwa Mountains and suitable for keen hikers. Our route is thirty eight kilometers up and down, taken in various stretches each day, as you can see on each day’s itinerary. It is very popular to combine this tour with a game drive tour at Mikumi National Park.
Day 1: Dar es Salaam - Udzungwa
Transfer from Dar es Salaam to Udzungwa Mountains National Park with a stop over in Mikumi village for lunch. In the afternoon a short walk to the nearby village (Mang’ula). Dinner at base camp!
Day 2: Hiking to the first campsite on Mwanihana Trail (12 kilometres)
After breakfast, we trek to the first campsite. This trail exposes visitors to the montane forest and the heathland habitants of higher slopes. You will be accompanied by an armed ranger (there are elephants and buffalos in the forest). The campsite is next to a fresh mountain stream.
Day 3: Mwanihana Peak, 2150m (14 kilometers - seven to the summit and seven back to camp)
We start early for a trek through the changing forests. From miombo woodland through low-land forest, sub-montane forest, highland plateau to untouched montane forest. Soon after you reach the bare rock and green glades of the summit. The view of Kilombero Valley is marvelous. Descend to the campsite for dinner and overnight stay.
Day 4: Descent to the park headquarter (12 kilometres)
The early morning start descends to the park gate to meet the driver. We drive to the motel for a hot shower and lunch. In the afternoon we drive back to Dar es Salaam.
*** End of Service ***
|SC20: Udzungwa Mountain Trails Trek (SC20)|
please contact us for current prices and accommodations on this tour
|Product Class||price per person|
|price per person|
|Please contact us (form above top right) for budget prices.|
|Please contact us (form above top right) for mid-range prices.|
|Please contact us (form above top right) for luxury prices.|
- All activities as per the itinerary
- All Accommodation as per itinerary – N.B. accommodation mentioned in the itinerary is dependent on availabilty at the time of booking; alternatives of a similar class may be booked instead
- All meals as per itinerary (3 a day unless otherwise stated)
- All transfers to and from agreed pick up and drop off points (e.g. Airport, Bus Station or hotel in town etc)
- All camping gear (if you are camping)
- Service of an English speaking driver/guide
- Safari base 4×4 Vehicle with open roof for game viewing (sometimes a saloon car or other SUV for excursions in town etc.)
- Driver’s salary and allowances and park fees for vehicle and driver
- Bottled mineral water daily
- All Government taxes
- All Nature Trail Fees.
- Extras, personal expenses i.e. drinks, telephone, laundry etc.
- Optional activities not outlined on the itinerary
- International flights & corresponding taxes
- Flying doctors rescue services
- Travel, medical, injury and luggage insurances
- Tips to the driver & guides
- Anything else not mentioned in the inclusions (above).