Hiking Udzungwa Mountains Mwanihana peak
|Hiking, Bird watching, Swimming in the natural pool
Mwanihana Peak is the second-highest peak in the Udzungwa Mountains and is suitable for keen hikers. Our route is thirty-eight kilometres up and down, taken in various stretches each day, as you can see on each day’s itinerary. Combining this tour with a game drive tour at Mikumi National Park is very popular.
Day 1: Dar es Salaam or Morogoro to Udzungwa National Park
You will be pickup very early, either from Dar es salaam or Morogoro, and drive to Udzungwa National Park’s main gate. On arrival at the park, you will meet with your mountain guide, porters and range team, ready to start your hiking to the first camp of Munihama trails. The hike to the campsite will take you about 6 hours, and it’s 12 km from the starting point. The campsite is next to a fresh mountain stream. This trail exposes visitors to the montane forest and the heathland habitats of higher slopes. Include forest primates; you may also see elephants and buffalos in the forest.
Day 2: Mwanihana Peak, 2150m
We start early for a trek through the changing forests. The hiking distance is 14 kilometres up and down. From miombo woodland through low-land, sub-montane, highland plateau to untouched montane forest. Soon after, you reach the summit’s bare rock and green glades. The view of Kilombero Valley is marvellous. Descend to the campsite for dinner and an overnight stay.
Day 3: Descent to the park headquarter -Transfer back to Dar es salaam or Morogoro
The early morning start descends to the park gate ( 12 kilometres) to meet the driver and the jeep. Transfer to the hotel for a hot shower and lunch. In the afternoon, we drive back to Dar es Salaam where the tour will end agreed point.
*** End of Service ***
- All activities as per the itinerary
- All Accommodation as per itinerary – N.B. accommodation mentioned in the itinerary is dependent on availabilty at the time of booking; alternatives of a similar class may be booked instead
- All meals as per itinerary (3 a day unless otherwise stated)
- All transfers to and from agreed pick up and drop off points (e.g. Airport, Bus Station or hotel in town etc)
- All camping gear (if you are camping)
- Service of an English speaking driver/guide
- Safari base 4×4 Vehicle with open roof for game viewing (sometimes a saloon car or other SUV for excursions in town etc.)
- Driver’s salary and allowances and park fees for vehicle and driver
- Bottled mineral water daily
- All Government taxes
- All Nature Trail Fees.
- Extras, personal expenses i.e. drinks, telephone, laundry etc.
- Optional activities not outlined on the itinerary
- International flights & corresponding taxes
- Flying doctors rescue services
- Travel, medical, injury and luggage insurances
- Tips to the driver & guides
- Anything else not mentioned in the inclusions (above).