Wildlife safari- Historical Tour- Beach Relaxations.
|Activities:||Game Drives, Boat Safari, Beach Relaxation, Wilderness Walking, Culture;|
|Min Persons:||2||Max Persons:||7|
This tour allows you to see Tanzanian wildlife from off the beaten track in Nyerere National Park. Discover the culture of tribes who live along the southern coast and absorb yourself in the history of Tanzania along the coast to Kilwa.
Day 1: Dar es Salaam to Nyerere National Park
Early morning drive to Nyerere National Park. The journey will take 6 hours. In the afternoon, sharing a boat Safari on the majestic Rufiji River. One can see plenty of hippos, crocodiles, and birdlife is prolific.
Day 2: Full day game drive in Nyerere National Park
After breakfast, full day game drive in the Nyerere Park which is rich in wildlife: Buffaloes, lions, elephants, zebras, giraffes, impalas, warthogs, hippos, and crocodiles.
Day 3: Nyerere National Park to Kilwa
After coffee wilderness walking safari, the most exciting experience, unique in Tanzania, accompanied by armed rangers. Back to the camp for breakfast and after that drive to Kilwa, the town Kilwa, as such, is divided into three different towns. Kilwa Kivinje, Kilwa Masoko, Kilwa Kisiwani, with Songo Mnara and Sanje Ya Kiti. Kilwa Masoko is, however, the least interesting history-wise, but the modern town right now, and center of operations as well as the location of all modern-day facilities. The others are the places to go for historical reasons.
Day 4: Kilwa Kisiwani
After breakfast, take a local dhow to Kilwa of the Island to visit the old ruins. Kilwa Kisiwani, is where one will find the greatest collection of ruins. Directly on the Northern shore, one will find the old Omani Fort, built on the foundations of the old Portuguese fort, in the early 19th Century, and where still an old wooden door remains. The Big Mosque is from the 12th Century and was further extended up to the 15th Century. It was said to be the largest mosque in East Africa. The Great House directly south of the mosque was once a complex building, most likely the Sultan´s palace. In it, there are four graves, of which one is rumored to be of a Sultan. Back to Masoko by dhow for dinner.
Day 5: Kilwa Masoko - Dar es Salaam
After breakfast, we visit Kilwa Kivinje 30k north of Kilwa Masoko. The town has a good number of old colonial buildings and crumbling remains of ancient Omani buildings. The Old German Boma in Kilwa Kivinje overlooks the waterfront and is the town’s oldest building. Kilwa Kivinje is a 19th Century Arabian slave and ivory trading town from which southern caravans started into the interior of Africa. On the decline of Arab rule towards the end of the 19th century, the German colonial government constructed a fort and enlarged the town. Then we drive back to Dar es Salaam.
*** End of Service ***
|SC03: History Tour - Nyerere National Park & Kilwa (SC03)|
prices are valid for tours beginning before: 2022-06-30
|Product Class||price per person|
|price per person|
|SC03 Budget||pax 2 - 3:|
|pax 4 - 6:|
|SC03 Midrange||pax 2 - 3:|
|pax 4 - 6:|
|Please contact us (form above top right) for luxury prices.|
- All activities as per the itinerary
- All Accommodation as per itinerary – N.B. accommodation mentioned in the itinerary is dependent on availabilty at the time of booking; alternatives of a similar class may be booked instead
- All meals as per itinerary (3 a day unless otherwise stated)
- All transfers to and from agreed pick up and drop off points (e.g. Airport, Bus Station or hotel in town etc)
- All camping gear (if you are camping)
- Service of an English speaking driver/guide
- Safari base 4×4 Vehicle with open roof for game viewing (sometimes a saloon car or other SUV for excursions in town etc.)
- Driver’s salary and allowances and park fees for vehicle and driver
- Bottled mineral water daily
- All Government taxes
- All Museum Fees.
- All Historic and Culture Site or Event Fees
- Extras, personal expenses i.e. drinks, telephone, laundry etc.
- Optional activities not outlined on the itinerary
- International flights & corresponding taxes
- Flying doctors rescue services
- Travel, medical, injury and luggage insurances
- Tips to the driver & guides
- Anything else not mentioned in the inclusions (above).