Selous Game Reserve & Mikumi National Park Safaris
|Activities:||Game Drives, Boat & Walking Safari;|
|Min Persons:||2||Max Persons:||6|
This five day safari in the southern circuit of Tanzania will give you a chance to visit the Selous Game Reserve and Mikumi National Park which are located in undisturbed nature. It is the ideal safari for people who want to escape the more crowded parks in the north.
Day 1: Dar es Salaam - Selous Game Reserve
Pick clients from the place of staying in Dar and drive to Selous Game Reserve with packed lunch, the journey will take about 5hours through the most unexplored and untouched areas of Tanzania. Arrive Selous in the afternoon in time for the boat safari, where you’ll admire hippos and crocodiles in their natural habitat.
Day 2: Full Day Game Drive in Selous Game Reserve
After breakfast at your hotel then leave for a full day game drive in the Selous game reserve with your lunch box.The park is rich in wildlife: buffalo, lion, elephant, zebra, giraffe, impala, warthog, hippos and crocodiles.
Day 3: Selous GR- Mikumi Park
Early morning walking safari after which we drive back to the lodgings for breakfast. Then a game drive en route to Mikumi National Park via Morogoro. We travel over the Uluguru Mountains across rivers and past small local villages and farms for sunset game drive in the park.
Day 4: Mikumi National Park
After breakfast, a full day game viewing in the park. The Mkata floodplain is a main feature of the park as are the bordering mountain ranges. Animals commonly found here include lion, eland, hartebeest, buffalo, wildebeest, giraffe, zebra, hippo and elephant. The Mikumi elephants are mainly grazers and do not cause damage.
Day 5: Mikumi Park- Dar es Salaam
Early morning sunrise game viewing, back to your lodgings for a brunch breakfast. Late afternoon games drive en route back to Dar es Salaam. Drop you off at the previously agreed drop off point.
*** End of Service ***
|SC17: Selous Boat Safari - Selous Walking Safari & Mikumi Game Drive|
prices are valid for tours beginning before: 2019-06-30
|Product Class||price per person|
|price per person|
|SC17 Budget||pax 2 - 3:|
|pax 4 - 6:|
|SC17 Midrange||pax 2 - 3:|
|pax 4 - 6:|
|Please contact us (form above top right) for luxury prices.|
- All activities as per the itinerary
- All Accommodation as per itinerary – N.B. accommodation mentioned in the itinerary is dependent on availabilty at the time of booking; alternatives of a similar class may be booked instead
- All meals as per itinerary (3 a day unless otherwise stated)
- All transfers to and from agreed pick up and drop off points (e.g. Airport, Bus Station or hotel in town etc)
- All camping gear (if you are camping)
- Service of an English speaking driver/guide
- Safari base 4×4 Vehicle with open roof for game viewing (sometimes a saloon car or other SUV for excursions in town etc.)
- Driver’s salary and allowances and park fees for vehicle and driver
- Bottled mineral water daily
- All Government taxes
- All National Park and Game Reserve Fees
- If included in your itinerary: foot safaris, boat safaris
- TANAPA armed ranger (where needed, eg. on foot safaris, some boat safaris etc.)
- Crater service fees (if visiting Ngorongoro Crater)
- Extras, personal expenses i.e. drinks, telephone, laundry etc.
- Optional activities not outlined on the itinerary
- International flights & corresponding taxes
- Flying doctors rescue services
- Travel, medical, injury and luggage insurances
- Tips to the driver & guides
- Anything else not mentioned in the inclusions (above).