Selous Rufiji River Boat & Walking Safaris
|Activities:||Game Drives, Boat Safari ,Walking Safari;|
|Min Persons:||2||Max Persons:||6|
You will enjoy and experience nature, wildlife, habit and habitat of the fauna and flora in the natural areas, also peoples and culture.
Day 1: Dar es Salaam - Selous Game Reserve
Morning pick up at the agreed meeting point in Dar and depart to Selous Game Reserve. The journey will take 5 – 6 hours. Lunch will be served at a restaurant in Kibiti. Late afternoon, you take a boat safari along the mighty Rufiji River, bringing you into close contact with hippo, crocodile and a fantastic birdlife. Animals make their way to the river banks to drink. Boats may approach elephant, lion, buffalo, giraffe, waterbuck and other game on the river banks to within a few meters. Crocodile glide into the water as your boat approaches and hippo appear very close, grunting and spraying water.
Day 2 : Full Day Game Drive in Selous Game Reserve
A full day in the Selous Game Reserve exploring wildlife in a 4 wheel drive vehicle. There will be some great photographic opportunities in many different sections of this vast park. The Selous Game Reserve is the largest in Africa, covering 54,600 square kilometres. Selous is famous for its elephants, commonly seen are lions, wild dogs, buffaloes, bushbuck, impalas, elands, baboons, zebras and greater kudus. It was originally set aside as a hunting area where animals are abundant but shyer than in the northern parks.
Day 3: Walking Safari- Mikumi National Park
Before breakfast you take a wilderness walking safari. This gives you an intimate feeling with the savanna and a close proximity to African wildlife. Walking safaris offer a good chance of seeing giraffe, zebra, elephant, and good birding It starts in the morning with a guidance of an armed ranger, takes 2 hours before you meet our driver at the reserve gate. We then drive to Mikumi National Park Morogoro passing by the Uluguru Mountains, across rivers and through small local villages for a sunset game drive in Mikumi National Park.
Day 4: Mikumi Park – Dar es Salaam
Early morning 4 hour game drive in the park and drive back to the camp for full breakfast. After breakfast we leave the park and drive to Dar es Salaam with a lunch stop at a restaurant in Morogoro. Continue with the drive back to the previously agreed drop off point in Dar es Salaam.
*** End of Service ***
|SC16: Selous and Mikumi Adventure Experience|
prices are valid for tours beginning before: 2021-06-30
|Product Class||price per person|
|price per person|
|SC16 Budget||pax 2 - 3:|
|pax 4 - 6:|
|SC16 Midrange||pax 2 - 3:|
|pax 4 - 6:|
|Please contact us (form above top right) for luxury prices.|
- All activities as per the itinerary
- All Accommodation as per itinerary – N.B. accommodation mentioned in the itinerary is dependent on availabilty at the time of booking; alternatives of a similar class may be booked instead
- All meals as per itinerary (3 a day unless otherwise stated)
- All transfers to and from agreed pick up and drop off points (e.g. Airport, Bus Station or hotel in town etc)
- All camping gear (if you are camping)
- Service of an English speaking driver/guide
- Safari base 4×4 Vehicle with open roof for game viewing (sometimes a saloon car or other SUV for excursions in town etc.)
- Driver’s salary and allowances and park fees for vehicle and driver
- Bottled mineral water daily
- All Government taxes
- All National Park and Game Reserve Fees
- If included in your itinerary: foot safaris, boat safaris
- TANAPA armed ranger (where needed, eg. on foot safaris, some boat safaris etc.)
- Crater service fees (if visiting Ngorongoro Crater)
- Extras, personal expenses i.e. drinks, telephone, laundry etc.
- Optional activities not outlined on the itinerary
- International flights & corresponding taxes
- Flying doctors rescue services
- Travel, medical, injury and luggage insurances
- Tips to the driver & guides
- Anything else not mentioned in the inclusions (above).