Day Trip Safari
|Min Persons:||2||Max Persons:||6|
The day trip Safari to Mikumi allows you to spend your day in the park romantically situated 300km away from Dar es Salaam. Mikumi Park is an excellent place to view 4 Big Five animals, including Giraffes, different species of Antelope and about 393 species of Birds. You won’t be disappointed by visiting this park on a day trip.
Mikumi National Park Game Drive Safari
We make the most of an early start from the agreed pick-up point in Dar es Salaam to enable an excellent half-day game drive. We won’t even stop in Morogoro but will press straight on to Mikumi and provide you with a packed lunch on the way. The journey is exciting and beautiful, especially as we drive alongside the Uluguru Mountains and can see the Udzungwa Mountain range to the south of Mikumi as we approach.
You may even see a game before we arrive at the park, but once we are driving through the park, you have a good chance of many exciting sights. This park is often referred to as the second Serengeti as it has vast, wide-open savanna plains. The Mkata River basin is an alluvial plain where the water attracts many small game animals to drink, and thus, the big cats and other carnivores are never far away.
After your exciting safari game drive adventure, we head back to Dar es Salaam and drop you off there at the agreed place.
*** End of Service ***
|SC27: Mikumi Day Tour Safari|
prices are valid for tours beginning before: 2024-06-30
|Product Class||price per person|
|price per person|
|SC27 Budget||pax 2 - 3:|
|pax 4 - 6:|
|Please contact us (form above top right) for mid-range prices.|
|Please contact us (form above top right) for luxury prices.|
- All activities as per the itinerary
- All Accommodation as per itinerary – N.B. accommodation mentioned in the itinerary is dependent on availabilty at the time of booking; alternatives of a similar class may be booked instead
- All meals as per itinerary (3 a day unless otherwise stated)
- All transfers to and from agreed pick up and drop off points (e.g. Airport, Bus Station or hotel in town etc)
- All camping gear (if you are camping)
- Service of an English speaking driver/guide
- Safari base 4×4 Vehicle with open roof for game viewing (sometimes a saloon car or other SUV for excursions in town etc.)
- Driver’s salary and allowances and park fees for vehicle and driver
- Bottled mineral water daily
- All Government taxes
- All National Park and Game Reserve Fees
- If included in your itinerary: foot safaris, boat safaris
- TANAPA armed ranger (where needed, eg. on foot safaris, some boat safaris etc.)
- Crater service fees (if visiting Ngorongoro Crater)
- Extras, personal expenses i.e. drinks, telephone, laundry etc.
- Optional activities not outlined on the itinerary
- International flights & corresponding taxes
- Flying doctors rescue services
- Travel, medical, injury and luggage insurances
- Tips to the driver & guides
- Anything else not mentioned in the inclusions (above).