|Min Persons:||2||Max Persons:||7|
Pugu Hills forest is part of what is believed to be one of the oldest forests in the world. A large number of endemic species of animals and plants exist there. Trails have been made, ideal for a day or two trekking.
Day1: Dar es Salaam City center - Pugu Hills
Meet and greet at the hotel you are staying in Dar es Salaam, then drive to Pugu. We first visit Pugu Secondary school where Julius Nyerere (Tanzania’s first president) worked as a teacher before he ventured into politics full-time. At Kisarawe the forest reserve office will register our entry and then we drive to the starting point to begin the trek. We follow a natural trail which will take 3 – 4 hours to the Minaki swamp Campsite where you will lunch and rest. Then an afternoon walk to the northern part of the forest to visit a bat cave. After that walk or drive back to the camp.
Day2: Pugu Hills Forest Trekking - Dar es Salaam
Early breakfast then leave for a trekking around the forest. The trail will lead you to the sand stone quarry on the edge of the Pugu Forest. On the way to the quarry a nice view of Dar es Salaam center, the Indian Ocean, the football stadium and other major features can be seen on a clear day. Continue up to the railroad line and with the assistance of the guide find your way back to Pugu Hills through the Kipawe area. Kipawe is the name of the area close to the airport where 3,000 houses were demolished for expansion and the “new” Kipawe is expected to accommodate these families.The car will have to pick you from Kipawa and drive to cattle market. This market arguable claimed to be the largest cattle market of Africa it handles some 300 heads of cattle per day. The goats have their separate market and the hike back through Pugu Kajiungeni villages provides a nice impression of rural Tanzania where the tour will end, drop off in Dar.Meals Plan;(Breakfast,Lunch)
*** End of Service ***
|SC11: Pugu Hills Trekking (SC11)|
please contact us for current prices and accommodations on this tour
|Product Class||price per person|
|price per person|
|Please contact us (form above top right) for budget prices.|
|Please contact us (form above top right) for mid-range prices.|
|Please contact us (form above top right) for luxury prices.|
- All activities as per the itinerary
- All Accommodation as per itinerary – N.B. accommodation mentioned in the itinerary is dependent on availabilty at the time of booking; alternatives of a similar class may be booked instead
- All meals as per itinerary (3 a day unless otherwise stated)
- All transfers to and from agreed pick up and drop off points (e.g. Airport, Bus Station or hotel in town etc)
- All camping gear (if you are camping)
- Service of an English speaking driver/guide
- Safari base 4×4 Vehicle with open roof for game viewing (sometimes a saloon car or other SUV for excursions in town etc.)
- Driver’s salary and allowances and park fees for vehicle and driver
- Bottled mineral water daily
- All Government taxes
- All Nature Trail Fees.
- Extras, personal expenses i.e. drinks, telephone, laundry etc.
- Optional activities not outlined on the itinerary
- International flights & corresponding taxes
- Flying doctors rescue services
- Travel, medical, injury and luggage insurances
- Tips to the driver & guides
- Anything else not mentioned in the inclusions (above).