3 Days Safari in Mikumi
|Activities:||Game Drive, Walking safari, Maasai Family Visit|
|Min Persons:||2||Max Persons:||6|
Mikumi Safari is a short tour from Dar es Salaam, which takes you to one of the spectacular’s southern circuit National parks of Tanzania. The park hosts small and large mammals, including a variety of bird species and reptiles, accommodation can be at standard or luxury lodges, luxury Tented camps or budget camping sites. Accommodation can be in a lodge, tented camp or basic camping booked with full-board arrangements. You will enjoy and experience nature, wildlife, habitat and habitat of the fauna and flora in the natural areas, as well as peoples and culture.
Day 1: Dar – Mikumi National Park
Early morning pick up from your hotel or airport in D’Salaam and depart to Mikumi National Park, where you will arrive in time for lunch. After lunch, afternoon game drives in the park home to elephants, Lions, Wild dogs, Zebras, Hyena, Buffalo, Wildebeest, Eland, Hartebeest, Crocodile, Lizards and other residents. Over 300 species of birds have been observed in this park.
Day 2: Full day in Mikumi Park and a visit to the Maasai
The morning after breakfast, with packed lunch and full-day games, drive in the park. Mikumi’s vegetation includes woodland, swamp and grassland with two water holes, Mkata and Chamgore. Apart from the saddle-bill stork, hammer kop and malachite kingfisher, you will also find a monitor lizard and perhaps a python inhabiting the pools. After lunch, proceeds with afternoon game drives in the park home to Elephant, Lion, Wild dog, Zebras, Hyena, Buffalo, Wildebeest, Eland, Hartebeest, Crocodile, Lizard and other residents. Evening leaves the park and drives to the Maasai family to join them for the daily morning life activity. There you will see how the cattle come from grazing and Maasai women milk, dance, and get the history of this old tribe in Africa.
Day 3: Mikumi Walking Safari then drive back to Dar es Salaam
Early morning before breakfast, leave for a 2 hrs wilderness walking safari inside the park, starting at 7:30 am; the walking safari will give you a particularly intimate feel for the African wilds. Walking safaris offer a good chance to see giraffes, zebras, elephants, and good birding. Come back to the camp for a full breakfast. Then we will drive back to Dar es salaam and drop you off at the agreed place.
*** End of Service ***
|SC09: Mikumi Safari and Walking Safari|
prices are valid for tours beginning before: 2024-06-30
|Product Class||price per person|
|price per person|
|SC09 Budget||pax 2 - 3:|
|pax 4 - 6:|
|SC09 Midrange||pax 2 - 3:|
|pax 4 - 6:|
|Please contact us (form above top right) for luxury prices.|
- All activities as per the itinerary
- All Accommodation as per itinerary – N.B. accommodation mentioned in the itinerary is dependent on availabilty at the time of booking; alternatives of a similar class may be booked instead
- All meals as per itinerary (3 a day unless otherwise stated)
- All transfers to and from agreed pick up and drop off points (e.g. Airport, Bus Station or hotel in town etc)
- All camping gear (if you are camping)
- Service of an English speaking driver/guide
- Safari base 4×4 Vehicle with open roof for game viewing (sometimes a saloon car or other SUV for excursions in town etc.)
- Driver’s salary and allowances and park fees for vehicle and driver
- Bottled mineral water daily
- All Government taxes
- Extras, personal expenses i.e. drinks, telephone, laundry etc.
- Optional activities not outlined on the itinerary
- International flights & corresponding taxes
- Flying doctors rescue services
- Travel, medical, injury and luggage insurances
- Tips to the driver & guides
- Anything else not mentioned in the inclusions (above).