Discover Exceptional Trekking at Udzungwa Forest
|Activities:||Trekking, Sightseeing, Fishing, Hiking, Acclimatization;|
|Min Persons:||2||Max Persons:||7|
Day 1: Dar es Salaam - Udzungwa Mountain National Park
We pick you up at an agreed point in Dar es Salaam and drive to the Udzungwa Mountains and top at the restaurant in Morogoro town for hot lunch. The proceed with a drive to Udzungwa Mountain Park where you will expect to arrive in the evening. Check-in at your hotel for a short leisure break then evening easy walk round the Mangula Mangula Village where you will interact with local people.
Day 2: Udzungwa Gate – Njia Panda
After breakfast, we drive to the park HQ where you will start your trail to Njia Panda. This day you will be trekking under tree canopies of the natural dense forest. Expect to view spectacular exotic and rea plants and different species forest birds.
Day 3: Njia Panda – Mikangazini
After breakfast, you set off from Njia Panda towards Mikangazini. This southern part of the park is more interesting and less visited. Evening you can fish at Rumemo River. Today you will spend your night under the bright stars.
Day 4: Mikangazini – Simba
After breakfast, you will start from Mikangazini and set out to Simba. In this area, you will have a good chance of seeing elephants and other animals.
Day 5: Simba – Mamba
After breakfast you ascend from Simba to Mamba for dinner and overnight stay.
Day 6: Mamba – Rumemo Cost- Ifakara
After breakfast you descend from Mamba to Rumemo Cost where you will meet your driver who will bring you back to Dar es Salaam.
*** End of Service ***
|SC23: Explore Udzungwa Rumemo Forest Trail (SC23)|
prices are valid for tours beginning before: 2021-06-30
|Product Class||price per person|
|price per person|
|SC23 Budget||pax 2 - 3:|
|pax 4 - 6:|
|Please contact us (form above top right) for mid-range prices.|
|Please contact us (form above top right) for luxury prices.|
- All activities as per the itinerary
- All Accommodation as per itinerary – N.B. accommodation mentioned in the itinerary is dependent on availabilty at the time of booking; alternatives of a similar class may be booked instead
- All meals as per itinerary (3 a day unless otherwise stated)
- All transfers to and from agreed pick up and drop off points (e.g. Airport, Bus Station or hotel in town etc)
- All camping gear (if you are camping)
- Service of an English speaking driver/guide
- Safari base 4×4 Vehicle with open roof for game viewing (sometimes a saloon car or other SUV for excursions in town etc.)
- Driver’s salary and allowances and park fees for vehicle and driver
- Bottled mineral water daily
- All Government taxes
- All Nature Trail Fees.
- Extras, personal expenses i.e. drinks, telephone, laundry etc.
- Optional activities not outlined on the itinerary
- International flights & corresponding taxes
- Flying doctors rescue services
- Travel, medical, injury and luggage insurances
- Tips to the driver & guides
- Anything else not mentioned in the inclusions (above).