Dar es salaam city tour & Pugu Hills Forest Hiking
|Activities:||City tour, Hiking, Culture; Tour|
|Min Persons:||2||Max Persons:||7|
Pugu Hills forest is part of what is believed to be one of the remaining oldest coast forests in the world. A large number of endemic species of animals, birds, and plants exist there. Trails have been made, ideal for a day or two trekking or just relaxing at this peaceful and calm forest near Dar es salaam.
Day1: Dar es Salaam City - Pugu Hills
Meet and greet at the hotel you are staying in Dar es Salaam, after breakfast, Then start your day with a half-day city tour. The tour will take you through Kariakoo Market, Fish Market, National Museum, then drive to Pugu. We first visited Pugu Secondary school, where Julius Nyerere (Tanzania’s first president) worked as a teacher before joining politics full-time. At Kisarawe, the forest reserve office will register our entry, and then we drive to the starting point to begin the trek. We follow a natural trail which will take 30 minutes to the Minaki swamp Campsite, where you will lunch and rest. Then an evening walks to the northern part of the forest to visit the bat cave. After that, walk or drive back to your accommodation for overnight.
Day2: Pugu Hills Forest Trekking - Dar es Salaam
Early morning cup of coffee, then leaves for trekking around the forest to reach the highest point early for sunset. The trail will lead you to the sandstone quarry on the edge of the Pugu Forest. On the way to the quarry, if the weather is clear, you have a chance to see a nice view of Dar es Salaam center, the Indian Ocean, the football stadium, and other major features that can be seen on a clear day. Come back to the camp for brunch and shower. Then rest until lunch. The car will have to pick you and drive to the cattle market. This market arguable claimed to be the largest cattle market of Africa; it handles some 300 heads of cattle per day. The goats have their separate market and then hike back through Pugu Kajiungeni villages provides a nice impression of rural Tanzania where the tour will end, drop off in Dar. Meals Plan;(Breakfast, Lunch)incorrect type: meal plan
*** End of Service ***
|SC11: 2 Days Dar es salaam city tour & Pugu Hills Trekking (SC11)|
prices are valid for tours beginning before: 2022-06-30
|Product Class||price per person|
|price per person|
|SC11 Budget||pax 2 - 3:|
|pax 4 - 6:|
|Please contact us (form above top right) for mid-range prices.|
|Please contact us (form above top right) for luxury prices.|
- All activities as per the itinerary
- All Accommodation as per itinerary – N.B. accommodation mentioned in the itinerary is dependent on availabilty at the time of booking; alternatives of a similar class may be booked instead
- All meals as per itinerary (3 a day unless otherwise stated)
- All transfers to and from agreed pick up and drop off points (e.g. Airport, Bus Station or hotel in town etc)
- All camping gear (if you are camping)
- Service of an English speaking driver/guide
- Safari base 4×4 Vehicle with open roof for game viewing (sometimes a saloon car or other SUV for excursions in town etc.)
- Driver’s salary and allowances and park fees for vehicle and driver
- Bottled mineral water daily
- All Government taxes
- All Nature Trail Fees.
- Extras, personal expenses i.e. drinks, telephone, laundry etc.
- Optional activities not outlined on the itinerary
- International flights & corresponding taxes
- Flying doctors rescue services
- Travel, medical, injury and luggage insurances
- Tips to the driver & guides
- Anything else not mentioned in the inclusions (above).