3 Days Nyerere National Park Safari
|Classes:||BUDGET MID-RANGE LUXURY|
|Activities:||Boat Safari, Game Drive, Walking Safari;|
|Min Persons:||2||Max Persons:||6|
Just a few hour’s drive south of Dar es Salaam we turn off the main road and head west towards Mtemere Gate, the entrance to Nyerere National Park. This part of the drive goes through a wooded area in which you may see black and white colobus monkeys and even occasional elephants as you get close to the gate. Nyerere Park is larger than Switzerland, and the northern part, which is open for safari tours, contains a wealth of animals, birds, and various biotopes. From Miombo woodland, where leopards like, through open savanna to vast swamps full of hippos and crocodiles. The river too is an amazing place to see reptiles, antelope, gazelle and elephant drinking, and lions hoping for a kill – not to mention an incredible birdlife from bee-eaters to eagles.
Day 01: Dar es Salaam – Nyerere National Park
We get you off to an early start from the agreed pick-up point in Dar es Salaam and head south towards Nyerere park. Packed lunch on the way, and we arrive early afternoon. This gives you plenty of time after settling into your accommodation to take the boat safari, which is included in this itinerary. From the boat, you will undoubtedly see many hippos, crocodiles, birds, and probably mammals coming down the banks to drink.
Day 02: Full Day Game Drive
After breakfast, we set off for a full-day game drive in reserve. We take a picnic lunch so that we can reach out further into the sanctuary without having to go back for lunch. Therefore we can cover much ground, which opens up the possibility of seeing many of the following species (and perhaps more): elephant (the largest population in Tanzania), buffalo (also a large population), African wild dog, lion, eland, bushbuck, giraffe, impala, baboon, zebra, crocodile, the greater kudu, and the rare Sable antelope.
Day 03: Nyerere Park Walking Safari – Dar es Salaam.
Not only Dr David Livingstone can walk across the savanna – you can too! You will have a dedicated and very knowledgeable armed guard with you while you experience this fantastic African bush experience. His rifle is there only for your protection, but it is rarely used. We have walked past resting lions before now without being endangered in any way, although the adrenaline pumped through our veins, giving us a real adventure. Even if such animals did react to such proximity, you would follow the guard’s advice. Usually, that would mean standing still until the beast has satisfied its curiosity and wanders off. This often happens without the use of a gun, but if the weapon is used, it will scare off the animal with warning shots. Such incidents are, however, very rare. This fantastic adventure takes you as close to nature as it can get.
Your on-foot safari will begin early morning, and you will be back at your lodgings in time for a late morning brunch, and probably much wiser about East African wildlife as your guide will have explained much and would have answered your questions. After brunch, it is time to pack and head back to Dar es Salaam where we drop you off at the previously agreed location.
*** End of Service ***
|SC14: Off Beaten Truck Safari to Nyerere National Park|
prices are valid for tours beginning before: 2023-06-30
|Product Class||price per person|
|price per person|
|SC14 Budget||pax 2 - 3:|
|pax 4 - 6:|
|SC14 Midrange||pax 2 - 3:|
|pax 4 - 6:|
|SC14 Luxury||pax 2 - 3:|
|pax 4 - 7:|
- All activities as per the itinerary
- All Accommodation as per itinerary – N.B. accommodation mentioned in the itinerary is dependent on availabilty at the time of booking; alternatives of a similar class may be booked instead
- All meals as per itinerary (3 a day unless otherwise stated)
- All transfers to and from agreed pick up and drop off points (e.g. Airport, Bus Station or hotel in town etc)
- All camping gear (if you are camping)
- Service of an English speaking driver/guide
- Safari base 4×4 Vehicle with open roof for game viewing (sometimes a saloon car or other SUV for excursions in town etc.)
- Driver’s salary and allowances and park fees for vehicle and driver
- Bottled mineral water daily
- All Government taxes
- Extras, personal expenses i.e. drinks, telephone, laundry etc.
- Optional activities not outlined on the itinerary
- International flights & corresponding taxes
- Flying doctors rescue services
- Travel, medical, injury and luggage insurances
- Tips to the driver & guides
- Anything else not mentioned in the inclusions (above).