6 Days Western Usaramba Mountains/Mkomazi Park/Materuni waterfalls
|Activities:||Game Drives, Walking Safari, Hiking, Culture|
|Min Persons:||2||Max Persons:||7|
Day 1: Into Lushoto
We leave from Dar es Salaam at 07:30 a.m and drive to Muller’s Mountain Lodge in the Western Usambara Mountains. Lunch on arrival, and then you spend the afternoon exploring the trails around Muller’s lodge.
Day 2: Irente Viewpoint tour (4 to 6 hours)
This most famous viewpoint in the Usambara mountains is just an hour’s walk from Lushoto. From the viewpoint, you see the village of Mazinde almost 1,000 meters below you. On the way back, you pass the village of Irente juu, where you will visit the crossbreeding and soil conservation projects at Mr. Mwindadi’s hamlet. The trip can be extended with visits to a nearby waterfall and the viewpoints of Kambe and Kwa Mkeke.
Day 3:Lushoto - Mkomazi National Park
Transfer by road to Mkomazi National Park, with great scenery and a pleasant picnic lunch stop o the banks of the Pangani River. Shortly after lunch, you turn off the main road and traverse the South Pare Mountains to Zange Gate and the national park. You start your game viewing afternoon with a walking safari, accompanied by an armed ranger.
Day 4: Mkomazi National Park - Moshi Town
On this morning, you will visit the site of two highly endangered species, the charismatic black rhino and the sociable African wild dog, both of which were successfully reintroduced in the 1990s. Nomadic by nature, wild dogs might be seen almost anywhere in the park, but black rhino is restricted to a fenced sanctuary, ensuring their safekeeping for future generations. In the afternoon, we head on to Moshi Town on the slopes of Mount Kilimanjaro.
Day 5: Materuni Waterfalls
We pick you up at about 8:00 a.m and drive 45 minutes through the countryside. You then start the trek along a small canal in the rainforest, passing rural farms en route and observing beautiful flowers, coffee plants, and banana trees. The walk will bring you to Materuni Falls. After lunch, your guide will take you for a walk above the waterfalls, into the Kilimanjaro rainforest, observing more flora and, hopefully, some monkeys or other wildlife. Also, great panoramic views from an altitude of between 1900 meters to 2400 meters above sea level. You can visit the ancient caves in which Chagga people hid from the Maasai when those two tribes were at war. You can also observe blacksmiths using their traditional methods. This is a pleasant one-day trip that encompasses a trek, a beautiful waterfall, rainforest flora and fauna, and a cultural experience — away from large groups of tourists!
Day 6: Moshi Town - Dar es Salaam
After breakfast, we drive you back to Dar es Salaam, where you will arrive early afternoon at the pre-arranged drop-off point.
*** End of Service ***
|NC06: (NC06)Western Usambara Mountains- Mkomazi - Materuni Falls|
prices are valid for tours beginning before: 2023-06-30
|Product Class||price per person|
|price per person|
|NC06 Budget||pax 2 - 3:|
|pax 4 - 6:|
|NC06 Midrange||pax 2 - 3:|
|pax 4 - 6:|
|Please contact us (form above top right) for luxury prices.|
- All activities as per the itinerary
- All Accommodation as per itinerary – N.B. accommodation mentioned in the itinerary is dependent on availabilty at the time of booking; alternatives of a similar class may be booked instead
- All meals as per itinerary (3 a day unless otherwise stated)
- All transfers to and from agreed pick up and drop off points (e.g. Airport, Bus Station or hotel in town etc)
- All camping gear (if you are camping)
- Service of an English speaking driver/guide
- Safari base 4×4 Vehicle with open roof for game viewing (sometimes a saloon car or other SUV for excursions in town etc.)
- Driver’s salary and allowances and park fees for vehicle and driver
- Bottled mineral water daily
- All Government taxes
- All National Park and Game Reserve Fees
- If included in your itinerary: foot safaris, boat safaris
- TANAPA armed ranger (where needed, eg. on foot safaris, some boat safaris etc.)
- Crater service fees (if visiting Ngorongoro Crater)
- All Nature Trail Fees.
- Extras, personal expenses i.e. drinks, telephone, laundry etc.
- Optional activities not outlined on the itinerary
- International flights & corresponding taxes
- Flying doctors rescue services
- Travel, medical, injury and luggage insurances
- Tips to the driver & guides
- Anything else not mentioned in the inclusions (above).