Serengeti, Ngorongoro Crater, Olduvai Gorge, Manyara, Tarangire, Zanzibar
|Activities:||Game Drives, Culture, History, Beach|
|Min Persons:||2||Max Persons:||7|
Serengeti needs no explanation. It is perhaps the most exciting safari destination in the world. But the other national parks in northern Tanzania are equally beautiful, each with its own, very different landscape and a wide diversity of wildlife and nature. What you do not see in one park you may well see elsewhere. And this package has a cherry on top! Zanzibar – full of eastern promise, culture and history!
Our 2 Week packages usually show 11 days but can include an additional day at either the beginning (in case you arrive late evening) or at the end (in case you leave early morning). The additional day includes the extra cost for the overnight stay close to the airport. In any case we can add one or more days at any point (extra cost) on any of our packages – if you want to see more, do more or relax more. Tip: an extra day in Arusha would allow you to tour Arusha Town and visit Arusha National Park at the foot of Mount Meru with views to Kilimanjaro.
Day 0: Arusha - for parties arriving late evening (small additional cost).
Meet and greet at Kilimanjaro Airport on the evening of your arrival and transfer to your accommodation.
Day 1: Arusha – Lake Manyara
We leave after breakfast (if you came in on day 0) or directly from the airport (with a breakfast in Arusha) if you arrive early morning. We head off with lunch boxes to Lake Manyara for an afternoon and evening game drive inside the national park. After the game drive we take you back to your accommodation for dinner and a good nights sleep.
Day 2: Lake Manyara - Serengeti National Park
Early morning we set out towards Serengeti National Park via Olduvai Gorge. You will visit the gorge’s museum where you will join a lecture about its exhibits and the archeological discoveries. Then on to Serengeti with game viewing en route and in the park until evening.
Day 3: Serengeti - Ngorongoro Crater Tour.
Up very early for an early morning game drive before driving back to your accommodation for a late breakfast. We then leave with lunch boxes and drive to Ngorongoro Crater Rim. Plenty of game viewing on the way.
Day 4: Ngorongoro Crater Tour.
An early breakfast on this day to head down into the crater for a full day game drive. Inside this wonderful caldera are around 25,000 animals, including the big five. We break for lunch at the picnic site then continue with the game drive until late evening.
Day 5: A Culture Tour & Chill-Out Day - Tarangire.
A morning walk with a local guide in Mto wa Mbu visiting rice fields, banana plantations, a local market, a primary school and an orphanage. A local family will prepare and serve you a scrumptious meal at their home in the village. Straight after lunch we drive you to a Maasai boma (village) where you will be amazed at their charm and hospitality. Spontaneous Maasai dance and chanting provide you with an authentic tribal, cultural experience that you will never forget. After that we drive to your accommodation in Tarangire.
Day 6: Full Day Game Drive in Tarangire National Park.
Off to an early start, after breakfast, to take advantage of animal movements in the early morning. Tarangire’s dry, undulating savanna is dotted with acacias in open spaces. A scenic ride with the chance of exciting game sightings. A picnic lunch high up on a viewpoint overlooking the Tarangire River will provide views of much wildlife, such as elephant, many gazelle and antelope and other surprises. Return to your accommodation in the evening, in time for dinner.
Day 7: Flight to Zanzibar.
Dependent on your flight time there might be time for a short morning game drive. But our main target is to get you to Arusha Airport in time. On arrival at Zanzibar airport you will be met by our local guide who will take you to your accommodation.
Day 8: Zanzibar Tour.
After breakfast you take an excursion to either a spice farm, with explanation and spice tasting, or a tour of the old, historic Stonetown or visit Prison Island or see the red colobus monkeys at Jozani Forest. Lunch en-route then late afternoon return to your lodgings.
Day 9: Stone Town and Harbour Walk.
An organised Stonetown tour before lunch. After lunch stroll down to the harbour near the old fort, which you can visit or relax at a bar near the Forodhani fish food market. The old fort puts on regular evening cultural song and dance shows in the courtyard, you can enjoy an evening meal there too.
Day 10: Your Choice Day! Rest & Relaxation – Beach, or another tour (at extra cost)
On your last full day on Zanzibar Island you have the choice. There are so many interesting sites on Zanzibar, you have probably not seen them all yet, although you should know Stone Town quite well now. Museums, historic sites, beaches and harbour walks – it’s up to you. Or, at additional cost you can arrange another tour.
Day 11: Zanzibar - Back home.
After breakfast check out from your lodgings and transfer to the seaport to ferry across to Dar es Salaam where we pick you up and transfer you to the international airport (or anywhere else in Dar es Salaam).
*** End of Service ***
|NC24: Serengeti and more - then fly to Zanzibar|
please contact us for current prices and accommodations on this tour
|Product Class||price per person|
|price per person|
|Please contact us (form above top right) for budget prices.|
|Please contact us (form above top right) for mid-range prices.|
|Please contact us (form above top right) for luxury prices.|
- All activities as per the itinerary
- All Accommodation as per itinerary – N.B. accommodation mentioned in the itinerary is dependent on availabilty at the time of booking; alternatives of a similar class may be booked instead
- All meals as per itinerary (3 a day unless otherwise stated)
- All transfers to and from agreed pick up and drop off points (e.g. Airport, Bus Station or hotel in town etc)
- All camping gear (if you are camping)
- Service of an English speaking driver/guide
- Safari base 4×4 Vehicle with open roof for game viewing (sometimes a saloon car or other SUV for excursions in town etc.)
- Driver’s salary and allowances and park fees for vehicle and driver
- Bottled mineral water daily
- All Government taxes
- All Museum Fees.
- All Historic and Culture Site or Event Fees
- All National Park and Game Reserve Fees
- If included in your itinerary: foot safaris, boat safaris
- TANAPA armed ranger (where needed, eg. on foot safaris, some boat safaris etc.)
- Crater service fees (if visiting Ngorongoro Crater)
- Inland flight fares (if that is part of your itinerary)
- Train fares (if that is part of your itinerary)
- Boat fares (if your itinerary icludes a boat journey in Tanzanian Waters)
- Extras, personal expenses i.e. drinks, telephone, laundry etc.
- Optional activities not outlined on the itinerary
- International flights & corresponding taxes
- Flying doctors rescue services
- Travel, medical, injury and luggage insurances
- Tips to the driver & guides
- Anything else not mentioned in the inclusions (above).