Tanzania Great Wildebeest Migration Safari 2021-2022
|Classes:||BUDGET MID-RANGE LUXURY|
|Activities:||Game Drives, Balloon Safari, Culture Maasai boma Visit, Olduvai George Museum.|
|Min Persons:||2||Max Persons:||7|
This safari is intended to bring you to the heart of the great wildebeest migration. Every year the wildebeest migration starts from the southern Serengeti plains and Ngorongoro areas, moving through western Serengeti plains and acacia woodlands to Northern Serengeti. The migration crosses the Mara river to arrive in Maasai Mara by September. The crossing of the Mara river is full of drama. Huge crocodiles prey on the crossing beasts, and some animals drown, calves lose their mothers, the full spectacle of nature before your very eyes.
Day 1: Arusha – Kigomgoni Maasai Village
On this day, you will have beautiful views of the Rift Valley Escarpment, Mt.Kitumbeine, Ol Doinyo Lengai, and Mt Meru. Stretch your legs when we reach the Maasai village and enjoy their cultural activities.
Day 2: Manyara – Serengeti (targeting the location of the migration)
After breakfast, we drive towards Serengeti with game viewing en route and a sunset game drive. In the Seronera river valley area, we are likely to see many big cats.
Days 3 – 5: 3 full Days Game Drive in Serengeti
Following the Serengeti wildebeest migration. Early sunrise game drives and sunset game drives. Depending on the seasonal animal migration patterns, you will either be in the South or Central Serengeti – Ndutu/Seronera areas or go west to the western corridor area or north to the Lobo/Mara river area.
Day 6: Serengeti – Ngorongoro Crater
Breakfast at leisure; depart for Ngorongoro with game drives en route. Optionally you may stop off at the famous Olduvai Gorge archeological site.
Day 7: Ngorongoro Crater – Arusha
Early breakfast; descend into the crater by 06:30 am. On this game drive, you will understand why the crater is called the ‘Garden of Eden.’ It is full of wild animals, including the endangered black rhinoceros. Later in the day, ascend to the rim and drive back to Arusha.
*** End of Service ***
|NC19: Serengeti Wildebeest Migration Safari (NC19)|
please contact us for current prices and accommodations on this tour
|Product Class||price per person|
|price per person|
|Please contact us (form above top right) for budget prices.|
|Please contact us (form above top right) for mid-range prices.|
|Please contact us (form above top right) for luxury prices.|
- All activities as per the itinerary
- All Accommodation as per itinerary – N.B. accommodation mentioned in the itinerary is dependent on availabilty at the time of booking; alternatives of a similar class may be booked instead
- All meals as per itinerary (3 a day unless otherwise stated)
- All transfers to and from agreed pick up and drop off points (e.g. Airport, Bus Station or hotel in town etc)
- All camping gear (if you are camping)
- Service of an English speaking driver/guide
- Safari base 4×4 Vehicle with open roof for game viewing (sometimes a saloon car or other SUV for excursions in town etc.)
- Driver’s salary and allowances and park fees for vehicle and driver
- Bottled mineral water daily
- All Government taxes
- All National Park and Game Reserve Fees
- If included in your itinerary: foot safaris, boat safaris
- TANAPA armed ranger (where needed, eg. on foot safaris, some boat safaris etc.)
- Crater service fees (if visiting Ngorongoro Crater)
- Extras, personal expenses i.e. drinks, telephone, laundry etc.
- Optional activities not outlined on the itinerary
- International flights & corresponding taxes
- Flying doctors rescue services
- Travel, medical, injury and luggage insurances
- Tips to the driver & guides
- Anything else not mentioned in the inclusions (above).