Tarangire - Lake Manyara - Ngorongoro Crater & Crater Highland Trek
|Activities:||Game Drives, Trekking, Maasai Family visit, Hiking.|
|Min Persons:||2||Max Persons:||6|
Day 1: Arusha to Tarangire
Pick you up from agreed point in Arusha and depart for Tarangire National Park, picnic lunch and game drive in Tarangire National Park. Tarangire National Park covers an area of 2,600 sq. km and was established in 1970. The park has numerous baobab trees that will primarily catch your attention. The Park derived its name from the Tarangire River that rises in the highlands of Central Tanzania and winds its way through the game sanctuary. The river beguilingly lures the herds of plains migrants from the desiccated surrounding area to its shrunken – but permanent – blackish waters during the dry season. The animals come by thousands from as far north as the shores of Lake Natron to the bank of this river, significantly swelling the resident population with wildebeest, zebra, and eland, elephant, hartebeest, buffalo and fringe-eared Oryx. During the dry season, the Tarangire pools are clotted with thirsty migrants, and the elephants begin to dig for underground streams in the dry riverbed. Tarangire National Park is said to have the highest recorded number of breeding bird species for any habitat in the world.
Day 2: Tarangire National Park to Manyara National Park
Early morning game drive then drive back to the lodge for breakfast. After breakfast drive from Tarangire to Lake Manyara National park, for afternoon game drive. This national park is one of Tanzania’s most dramatically located wildlife areas, consisting of a massive but shallow soda lake (covering two-thirds of the park), located at the foot of the Great Rift Valley’s western escarpment. The park’s varied habitat attracts a wide variety of animals, including one of Africa’s largest concentrations of elephants, Lake Manyara’s unique tree-climbing lions, as well as large flocks of flamingos attracted by the algae in the lake.
Day 3: Manyara National Park to Ngorongoro Conservation Area.
After breakfast, descend to the Crater floor for game drive. Ngorongoro Crater is the largest collapsed volcanic crater in the world and fourteen kilometers of isolated natural beauty. Ngorongoro Crater is surrounded by a ring of extinct volcanoes and the floor, dotted with watering holes, shelters some 30,000 animals. You can expect to see lions, elephants, Zebras, Hippos, Flamingos, Jackals, Rhinos Antelopes and many birds. The birds seen here include eagle, vulture, and flamingos in the Crater Lake, stork, bats, giant vulture, sacred ibis, kori bustard, blacksmith plover, long necked heron and the cattle eagle. We provide a picnic lunch at the hippo pool. Ascend to the rim for dinner and our overnight stay.
Day 4: Ngorongoro Crater to Nainokanoka
After breakfast we drive to Nainokanoka and take a hike up to Olmoti crater before turning in early for the long trek tomorrow.
Day 5: Nainokanoka to Bulati
After breakfast we walk from Olmoti to Bulati, passing through the Embulbul Depression, where we can observe many species of savanna animals and birds.
Day 6: Bulati to Empakai
After breakfast we trek from Bulati to Empakai Crater. After the savanna of the Embulbul Depression we walk through bushy plains with scattered acacias and up onto Empakai’s rim. Looking down into the crater is a glorious rain forest and a flamingo lined lake.
Day 7: Empakai to Acacia Forest.
After breakfast we walk from Empakai to the Acacia Forest, passing through the maasai village of Nairobi on the way.
Day 8 :Acacia Forest to Lake Natron to Oldonyo Lengai
After breakfast we walk from Acacia Forest to the foot of Oldonyo Lengai. There you are picked up by car and drive to Lake Natron campsite. Walking to Ngaresero waterfalls or walking to Lake Natron. Then you will climb the Oldonyo Lengai at midnight in order to see the hot orange lava before daylight!
Day 9:Lake Natron to Arusha
After coming down from the mountain you will be picked at the mountain base and driven to the camp where you will have your shower and lunch then ready for leaving to Arusha.
*** End of Service ***
|NC13: Crater Highland Trek - Ngorongoro to Lake Natron & Ol Doinyo Lengai|
please contact us for current prices and accommodations on this tour
|Product Class||price per person|
|price per person|
|Please contact us (form above top right) for budget prices.|
|Please contact us (form above top right) for mid-range prices.|
|Please contact us (form above top right) for luxury prices.|
- All activities as per the itinerary
- All Accommodation as per itinerary – N.B. accommodation mentioned in the itinerary is dependent on availabilty at the time of booking; alternatives of a similar class may be booked instead
- All meals as per itinerary (3 a day unless otherwise stated)
- All transfers to and from agreed pick up and drop off points (e.g. Airport, Bus Station or hotel in town etc)
- All camping gear (if you are camping)
- Service of an English speaking driver/guide
- Safari base 4×4 Vehicle with open roof for game viewing (sometimes a saloon car or other SUV for excursions in town etc.)
- Driver’s salary and allowances and park fees for vehicle and driver
- Bottled mineral water daily
- All Government taxes
- All National Park and Game Reserve Fees
- If included in your itinerary: foot safaris, boat safaris
- TANAPA armed ranger (where needed, eg. on foot safaris, some boat safaris etc.)
- Crater service fees (if visiting Ngorongoro Crater)
- All Nature Trail Fees.
- Extras, personal expenses i.e. drinks, telephone, laundry etc.
- Optional activities not outlined on the itinerary
- International flights & corresponding taxes
- Flying doctors rescue services
- Travel, medical, injury and luggage insurances
- Tips to the driver & guides
- Anything else not mentioned in the inclusions (above).