15 Days Safari and Zanzibar Beach Relaxation
|BUDGET MID-RANGE LUXURY
|Game Drives, Culture, History, Beach
Our 2 Week packages usually show 15 days but can include an additional day at either the beginning (in case you arrive late evening) or at the end (in case you leave early morning). The additional day includes the extra cost for the overnight stay close to the airport. In any case, we can add one or more days at any point (extra cost) on any of our packages – if you want to see more, do more or relax more. Tip: an extra day in the Usambara mountains would give you the opportunity to trek through the mountain forest on officially laid down trails.
Serengeti needs no explanation. It is perhaps the most exciting safari destination in the world. But the other national parks in northern Tanzania are equally beautiful, each with its own, very different landscape and a wide diversity of wildlife and nature. What you do not see in one park you may well see elsewhere. And this package has a cherry on top! Zanzibar – full of eastern promise, culture, and history!
Day 0: Arusha - for parties arriving late evening (small additional cost).
Meet and greet at Kilimanjaro Airport on the evening of your arrival and transfer to your accommodation.
Day 1: Arusha – Lake Manyara
We leave after breakfast (if you came in on day 0) or directly from the airport (with breakfast in Arusha) if you arrive early morning. We head off with lunch boxes to Lake Manyara for an afternoon and evening game drive inside the national park. After the game drive, we take you back to your accommodation for dinner and a good night’s sleep.
Day 2: Lake Manyara - Serengeti National Park
Early morning we set out towards Serengeti National Park via Olduvai Gorge. You will visit the gorge’s museum where you will join a lecture about its exhibits and archeological discoveries. Then on to Serengeti with game viewing en route and in the park until evening.
Day 3: Serengeti - Ngorongoro Crater Tour.
Up very early for an early morning game drive before driving back to your accommodation for a late breakfast. We then leave with lunch boxes and drive to Ngorongoro Crater Rim. Plenty of game viewing on the way.
Day 4: Ngorongoro Crater Tour.
Early breakfast on this day to head down into the crater for a full-day game drive. Inside this wonderful caldera are around 25,000 animals, including the big five. We break for lunch at the picnic site then continue with the game drive until late evening.
Day 5: A Culture Tour & Chill-Out Day - Tarangire.
A morning walk with a local guide in Mto wa Mbu visiting rice fields, banana plantations, a local market, a primary school, and an orphanage. A local family will prepare and serve you a scrumptious meal at their home in the village. Straight after lunch, we drive you to a Maasai boma (village) where you will be amazed at their charm and hospitality. Spontaneous Maasai dance and chanting provide you with an authentic tribal, cultural experience that you will never forget. After that, we drive to your accommodation in Tarangire.
Day 6: Full Day Game Drive in Tarangire National Park.
Off to an early start, after breakfast, to take advantage of animal movements in the early morning. Tarangire’s dry, undulating savanna is dotted with acacias in open spaces. A scenic ride with the chance of exciting game sightings. A picnic lunch high up on a viewpoint overlooking the Tarangire River will provide views of much wildlife, such as elephants, many gazelle and antelope, and other surprises. Return to your accommodation in the evening, in time for dinner.
Day 7: Tarangire to Moshi.
A morning game drive in Tarangire then we head of to Moshi to make an easy drive to the Usambara mountains on Day 8.
Day 8:Moshi town to East Usambara Mountains (Magoroto Forest.
We leave from Moshi straight after breakfast and drive to your accommodation in the Eastern Usambara Mountains. Lunch on arrival and then you can chill out at the lodge all afternoon or stroll along the trails around the lodge.
Day 9:Full day at East Usambara Mountains (Magoroto Forest.
On this day you can make a decision. Either start your day with mountain hiking, Mountain biking, Fishing, Bird watching, Horse riding, fishing, or swimming at Magoroto lake.
Day 10: Drive to Dar es Salaam fly to Zanzibar.
After breakfast, we leave the area and drive 6 hours to your Dar es Salaam hotel airport. On arrival, you can take a flight to Zanzibar Island at Stone town. On arrival, you will be picked up and transfer to your hotel at Stone Town for a shower and evening rest.
Day 11: Stonetown & Prison Island Tour.
After an early breakfast, our guide will take you on a tour of the old, historic Stonetown. Stop for hot lunch at the restaurant in Stone Town, then take a private boat to Prison Island for a tour and swimming. Evening you will come back to Stone Town, then you will have a chance to test different types of spice food at Foirodhani Garden. After dinner, your guide will escort you to your accommodation overnight.
Day 12:Transfer from Stone Town to Nungwi Beach
Late breakfast at your accommodation, then our guide will pick you up and transfer you to Nungwi for your relaxation at the beach.
Day 13:Relaxing at the Beach
On this day you will just relax at your hotel and enjoy our clean beach of Zanzibar
Day 14: Spice Tour and a free afternoon.
A morning Spice Tour (included in itinerary), visiting plantations and tasting various spices. Evening we take you to The Rock Restaurant for sunset and dinner. After sunset, we take you back to your accommodation.
Day 15: Zanzibar - Back home.
After breakfast check out from your lodgings and transfer to the seaport to ferry across to Dar es Salaam where we pick you up and transfer you to the international airport or to another drop off point in Dar es Salaam.
*** End of Service ***
- All activities as per the itinerary
- All Accommodation as per itinerary – N.B. accommodation mentioned in the itinerary is dependent on availabilty at the time of booking; alternatives of a similar class may be booked instead
- All meals as per itinerary (3 a day unless otherwise stated)
- All transfers to and from agreed pick up and drop off points (e.g. Airport, Bus Station or hotel in town etc)
- All camping gear (if you are camping)
- Service of an English speaking driver/guide
- Safari base 4×4 Vehicle with open roof for game viewing (sometimes a saloon car or other SUV for excursions in town etc.)
- Driver’s salary and allowances and park fees for vehicle and driver
- Bottled mineral water daily
- All Government taxes
- All Museum Fees.
- All Historic and Culture Site or Event Fees
- All National Park and Game Reserve Fees
- If included in your itinerary: foot safaris, boat safaris
- TANAPA armed ranger (where needed, eg. on foot safaris, some boat safaris etc.)
- Crater service fees (if visiting Ngorongoro Crater)
- Inland flight fares (if that is part of your itinerary)
- Train fares (if that is part of your itinerary)
- Boat fares (if your itinerary icludes a boat journey in Tanzanian Waters)
- Extras, personal expenses i.e. drinks, telephone, laundry etc.
- Optional activities not outlined on the itinerary
- International flights & corresponding taxes
- Flying doctors rescue services
- Travel, medical, injury and luggage insurances
- Tips to the driver & guides
- Anything else not mentioned in the inclusions (above).