Mountain Climbing & Tanzania Safari
|Classes:||BUDGET MID-RANGE LUXURY|
|Activities:||Trekking, Game Drives, Culture, Historical|
|Min Persons:||2||Max Persons:||7|
This tour is a combination of mountain climbing and safari. You will have time to explore the second highest mountain in Tanzania and the second largest National Park in Tanzania for 7 days including the largest volcanic caldera in Africa. Pick up from Kilimanjaro International Airport and transfer to Arusha for dinner and overnight at the Hotel.
Day 1: Arusha - Momella gate (Alt.2500m, Hike Distance 10 km, 4 - 6 hrs.
We pick you up from agreed point in Arusha in the morning after breakfast and transfer to the Mt. Meru Park gate where you will be met by our game ranger and porters. Start hike for four to five hours on the Northern route or six hours on the Southern Route. See the amazing wild fig tree on the way to Mariakamba Hut at 8,500 ft. From there you may wish to take an evening walk on the slopes to view wildlife at one of the watering holes in the crater.
Day 2: Miriakamba - Saddle hut (1050m ascent, Alt: 3566m, Distance 4km, 2 - 3 hrs).
After breakfast hike to up to 11,500 ft to arrive at Saddle Hut. If time permits you can climb a little further on Mount Meru for a scenic view of the ‘Roof of Africa’, Mount Kilimanjaro. This will also be part of more acclimatization.
Day 3: Saddle hut - Meru Summit (3050m descent, Alt: 1516m, Distance 14km, 6 to 8hrs) - Lake Manyara.
Wake up at middle-night and have a cup of tea before starting attempt big Meru peak. Proceed to summit crossing rocky path and back to Saddle hut for full breakfast. Then short rest and leave Saddle hut and descend down to Momella gate via first hut (Miriakamba). On the way back you pass Momella Lakes for game viewing on the way to Arusha and Lake Manyara.
Day 4: Lake Manyara National Park.
After breakfast we take our packed lunch and drive straight to Lake Manyara Park for Game drive. More than 380 species of birds have been recorded in Manyara and include the hadada ibis, saddle-bill stork, plover and African pied wagtail. As you game view through the groundwater forest, look for the playful velvet monkeys searching for food at the top of the trees. Lake Manyara National Park, which packs a lot of diversity into a small area, is the only park in the area that is green all year round. The park also offers a spectacular view of the Great Rift Valley and the fig forest here is a good place to see monkeys and some of the 350 species of birds that have been recorded here. With luck, you may spot the tree climbing lions for which the park is famous.
Day 5: Lake Manyara National Park – Serengeti National Park.
Breakfast at your lodge. Then leave to Serengeti National Park. On the way to Serengeti National Park you will visit the Olduvai Gorge Museum. You attend a short but interesting lecture about the Museum and all archeological findings. We then proceed towards Serengeti National Park with some game viewing on the way. Serengeti is undoubtedly the best-known wildlife sanctuary in the world, unequalled for its natural beauty and scientific value.
Day 6: Serengeti National Park – Ngorongoro Conservation Area
A very early morning game drive around Serengeti Park until about 10:30 then drive back to the camp for brunch. By the time your brunch is over we have loaded the vehicle and we set off for Ngorongoro viewing game en route. We arrive at the Ngorongoro Crater towards evening, in time for dinner.
Day 7: Ngorongoro Crater Tour – Arusha
At 0600 hrs, after a quick breakfast, we descend down to the crater floor for an action packed game drive. Your lunch will be served at the Ngoitoktok swamp and Hippo pool in the picnic site. After lunch we continue game viewing and later we ascend the crater to drive to your previously agreed drop off point in Arusha town or Kilimanjaro Airport.
*** End of Service ***
|NC09: Meru Climb - Serengeti - Lake Manyara - Ngorongoro Crater (NC09)|
prices are valid for tours beginning before: 2021-06-30
|Product Class||price per person|
|price per person|
|NC09 Budget||pax 2 - 3:|
|pax 4 - 6:|
|NC09 Midrange||pax 2 - 3:|
|pax 4 - 6:|
|NC09 Luxury||pax 2 - 3:|
|pax 4 - 7:|
- All activities as per the itinerary
- All Accommodation as per itinerary – N.B. accommodation mentioned in the itinerary is dependent on availabilty at the time of booking; alternatives of a similar class may be booked instead
- All meals as per itinerary (3 a day unless otherwise stated)
- All transfers to and from agreed pick up and drop off points (e.g. Airport, Bus Station or hotel in town etc)
- All camping gear (if you are camping)
- Service of an English speaking driver/guide
- Safari base 4×4 Vehicle with open roof for game viewing (sometimes a saloon car or other SUV for excursions in town etc.)
- Driver’s salary and allowances and park fees for vehicle and driver
- Bottled mineral water daily
- All Government taxes
- All National Park and Game Reserve Fees
- If included in your itinerary: foot safaris, boat safaris
- TANAPA armed ranger (where needed, eg. on foot safaris, some boat safaris etc.)
- Crater service fees (if visiting Ngorongoro Crater)
- Kilimanjaro only - Oxygen is not normally needed but can be carried if requested before tour begin
- Rescue fees
- Professional Kilimanjaro Team with English speaking Mountain guide, up to 4 porters per person
- Professional Cook
- Climbing Certificates
- All wildlife reserve entry fees
- Extras, personal expenses i.e. drinks, telephone, laundry etc.
- Optional activities not outlined on the itinerary
- International flights & corresponding taxes
- Flying doctors rescue services
- Travel, medical, injury and luggage insurances
- Tips to the driver & guides
- Anything else not mentioned in the inclusions (above).
|Bicycle Tour through villages to Lake Manyara - Add-On Prices from: 0.00 US$ (price depends on location).|
This easy and very interesting bicycle ride is led by a local guide and lasts between 2 to 3 hours.
You ride through banana plantations dotted with local family dwellings and gardens. Once through the plantations you enter (at no cost) Lake Manyara National park where you first ride a few hundred metres through a charming acacia forest.
After the forest you emerge into open savannah with th lake just a few hundred metres ahead of you. Giraffe, gazelle graze on the short grasses and the birdlife is amazing down at the lake. This part of the national park is not populated by large carnivores although a cheetah may be observed in the distance.
Return via the same route.
|Canoeing on Momella Lakes - Add-On Prices from: 0.00 US$ (price depends on location).|
description to follow
|Night Game Drive - Add-On Prices from: 0.00 US$ (price depends on location).|
Usually these game drives begin at 20:00 and end around 22:30. You may wish for a quieter afternoon or a later start the next day.
Lions are above all active at this time as are other carnivores, reptiles such as the python and both aardvark and pangolin.
A night time safari is a great adventure that you will never forget.
|If you would like to add one of these options then please inform us as early as you can.|