|Min Persons:||2||Max Persons:||7|
This tour is physically exerting and is suited only to fit persons. Participants that undertake these tours are responsible for their own health and safety. Kanuth Adventures cannot be made responsible for your health during or after these tours. Inform yourself about altitude sickness. If in doubt seek the advice of your doctor before booking.
You will need: layers of clothes (from cold to hot), good hiking boots, sun protection (lotion and head cover) and rain gear.
Day 1: Arusha/Moshi – Marangu Gate – Maumdi Crater – Arusha/Moshi
We meet at the agreed pick up point in Arusha or Moshi at 7.00 am and drive to Marangu Gate.
From there the 7 hour hike begins on a well maintained path meandering slowly into the ever increasing vegetation of the rain forest. On the way there is a good chance to observe black and white colobus monkeys, blue monkeys, turaco and many other bird species. Waterfalls provide a refreshing break on the way.
Among the vast variety of trees, plants, bushes and flowers, the macaranga kilimandscharica trees, with their smooth grey bark, stand tall near the entrance of the Marangu Gate. Moving further into the forest red impatiens kilimanjari and violet impatiens pseudoviola can be seen. Above Mandara Hut around Maundi Crater Protea kilimandscharica have established themselves. All indicating that you are indeed hiking the slopes of the great Mount Kilimanjaro.
After passing Mandara Hut (2700m) the hike will continue to Maundi Crater (3000m), about 3.5 hours from Marangu gate. Here we enjoy a well deserved lunch box picnic and amazing views.
We make our way back to the Park entrance and our vehicle, taking an estimated 2.5 hours. An hour or so later we leave you at the agreed drop off point in Moshi or Arusha.
*** End of Service ***
|NC23: Maundi Crater Day - Marangu Route (NC23)|
please contact us for current prices and accommodations on this tour
|Product Class||price per person|
|price per person|
|Please contact us (form above top right) for budget prices.|
|Please contact us (form above top right) for mid-range prices.|
|Please contact us (form above top right) for luxury prices.|
- All activities as per the itinerary
- All Accommodation as per itinerary – N.B. accommodation mentioned in the itinerary is dependent on availabilty at the time of booking; alternatives of a similar class may be booked instead
- All meals as per itinerary (3 a day unless otherwise stated)
- All transfers to and from agreed pick up and drop off points (e.g. Airport, Bus Station or hotel in town etc)
- All camping gear (if you are camping)
- Service of an English speaking driver/guide
- Safari base 4×4 Vehicle with open roof for game viewing (sometimes a saloon car or other SUV for excursions in town etc.)
- Driver’s salary and allowances and park fees for vehicle and driver
- Bottled mineral water daily
- All Government taxes
- All Nature Trail Fees.
- Kilimanjaro only - Oxygen is not normally needed but can be carried if requested before tour begin
- Rescue fees
- Professional Kilimanjaro Team with English speaking Mountain guide, up to 4 porters per person
- Professional Cook
- Climbing Certificates
- All wildlife reserve entry fees
- Extras, personal expenses i.e. drinks, telephone, laundry etc.
- Optional activities not outlined on the itinerary
- International flights & corresponding taxes
- Flying doctors rescue services
- Travel, medical, injury and luggage insurances
- Tips to the driver & guides
- Anything else not mentioned in the inclusions (above).