Materuni Waterfalls Tour
|BUDGET MID-RANGE LUXURY
|Walking, Culture Chaga tribe visit, Coffee tour, Waterfall Visit
You will enjoy and experience the life of the Chagga People at the Materuni Village, as well as see the highest waterfall.
Day 1: Moshi or Arusha - Materuni Village
We pick you up at the agreed point in Arusha or Moshi and drive you to Materuni Village. Our local guide will lead you to explore this beautiful place on the slopes of Mount Kilimanjaro. The drive takes about 30 minutes from Moshi Town. After checking in at your lodgings, walk through banana plantations and observe the different species of bananas. You will go to the “Mnambe” waterfall where you can enjoy swimming in a natural pool. Come back to your lodgings for a hot lunch and a rest. In the afternoon, you leave again for a coffee plantation tour, where you will learn about how the Chagga people grow and harvest coffee. Then you can learn how to brew the local banana beer, Mbege, and try it if you wish! The day will end with an evening of Chagga traditional dance performed by local men and women. They perform songs for different occasions, such as welcoming guests, ceremonial dances and crop harvesting songs.
Day 2: Materuni – Moshi or Arusha
After breakfast, trek uphill through the traditional Chagga farm (shamba) to reach the rainforest, where you can explore some indigenous species of flora and fauna on the slopes of Mount Kilimanjaro. At around 1700 metres above sea level, you feel the fresh air and can enjoy the scenic view of Moshi town and the rolling landscape of the foot of Kilimanjaro. Late afternoon you return to your lodgings, where a hot lunch will be served. After lunch, we drive you back to Moshi, Kilimanjaro Airport or Arusha, where the tour will end.
*** End of Service ***
- All activities as per the itinerary
- All Accommodation as per itinerary – N.B. accommodation mentioned in the itinerary is dependent on availabilty at the time of booking; alternatives of a similar class may be booked instead
- All meals as per itinerary (3 a day unless otherwise stated)
- All transfers to and from agreed pick up and drop off points (e.g. Airport, Bus Station or hotel in town etc)
- All camping gear (if you are camping)
- Service of an English speaking driver/guide
- Safari base 4×4 Vehicle with open roof for game viewing (sometimes a saloon car or other SUV for excursions in town etc.)
- Driver’s salary and allowances and park fees for vehicle and driver
- Bottled mineral water daily
- All Government taxes
- All Nature Trail Fees.
- Extras, personal expenses i.e. drinks, telephone, laundry etc.
- Optional activities not outlined on the itinerary
- International flights & corresponding taxes
- Flying doctors rescue services
- Travel, medical, injury and luggage insurances
- Tips to the driver & guides
- Anything else not mentioned in the inclusions (above).