|Classes:||BUDGET MID-RANGE LUXURY|
|Activities:||Walking, Culture Chaga tribe visit|
|Min Persons:||2||Max Persons:||10|
Pick-up and drop-off points in Moshi or Arusha will be agreed at booking confirmation.
You will enjoy and experience life of Chagga People at the Materuni Village and you will explore the beauty of the landscape and the cultural heritage of the Chagga people.
Day 1: Dar es Salaam, Moshi or Arusha - Materuni Village
We pick you up at the agreed point in Arusha or Moshi and drive you to Materuni Village. Our local guide will lead you on an exploration of this wonderful place on the slopes of Mount Kilimanjaro. The drive takes about 30 minutes from Moshi Town. After checking in at your lodgings, take a walk through banana plantations and observe the different species of bananas. You will go to the “Mnambe” waterfall where you can enjoy swimming in a natural pool. Come back to your lodgings for a hot lunch and a rest. In the afternoon you leave again for a coffee plantation tour where you will learn about how the Chagga people grow and harvest coffee. Then you can learn the process of brewing the local, banana beer known as Mbege – and try it if you wish! The day will end with an evening of Chagga traditional dance performed by a group of local men and women. They perform songs for different occasions such as welcoming guests, ceremonial dances and crop harvesting songs.
Day 2: Materuni – Moshi or Arusha
After breakfast trek uphill through traditional Chagga farm (shamba) to reach the rainforest where you can explore some indigenous species of flora and fauna on the slopes of Mount Kilimanjaro. At around 1700 metres above sea level you feel the fresh air and can enjoy the scenic view of Moshi town and the rolling landscape of the foot of Kilimanjaro. Late afternoon you descend back to your lodgings where a hot lunch will be served. After lunch we drive you back to Moshi, Kilimanjaro Airport or Arusha where the tour will end.
*** End of Service ***
|NC08: Materuni Village Tour (NC08)|
please contact us for current prices and accommodations on this tour
|Product Class||price per person|
|price per person|
|Please contact us (form above top right) for budget prices.|
|Please contact us (form above top right) for mid-range prices.|
|Please contact us (form above top right) for luxury prices.|
- All activities as per the itinerary
- All Accommodation as per itinerary – N.B. accommodation mentioned in the itinerary is dependent on availabilty at the time of booking; alternatives of a similar class may be booked instead
- All meals as per itinerary (3 a day unless otherwise stated)
- All transfers to and from agreed pick up and drop off points (e.g. Airport, Bus Station or hotel in town etc)
- All camping gear (if you are camping)
- Service of an English speaking driver/guide
- Safari base 4×4 Vehicle with open roof for game viewing (sometimes a saloon car or other SUV for excursions in town etc.)
- Driver’s salary and allowances and park fees for vehicle and driver
- Bottled mineral water daily
- All Government taxes
- All Nature Trail Fees.
- Extras, personal expenses i.e. drinks, telephone, laundry etc.
- Optional activities not outlined on the itinerary
- International flights & corresponding taxes
- Flying doctors rescue services
- Travel, medical, injury and luggage insurances
- Tips to the driver & guides
- Anything else not mentioned in the inclusions (above).