|Classes:||BUDGET MID-RANGE LUXURY|
|Activities:||Game Drives, Culture tourism, Maasai family Visit, Village Walk.|
|Min Persons:||2||Max Persons:||7|
Day 1: Arusha – Lake Manyara National Park
Pick up from the hotel in Arusha at 8:00 am and depart for Lake Manyara National Park via Mto-wa Mbu Village with picnic lunch for full day game drive in Lake Manyara National Park, which packs a lot of diversity into a small area, is the only park in the area that is green all year round. The park also offers a spectacular view of the Great Rift Valley and the fig forest here is a good place to see monkeys and some of the 350 species of birds that have been recorded here. With luck, you may spot the tree climbing lions for which the park is famous.
Day 2: Lake Manyara Park - Lake Natron
After breakfast depart Lake Natron with picnic lunch.The journey will take you through many Maasai Villages and family.Visit one of the Maasai homes and learn about their culture. Lunch will be served a nice place with fantastic views of Oldonyo lengai, the Maasai’s hoöy mountain. In the evening you can walk to the waterfall. It is slippery and requires scrambling. It is an excellent swim in the river and under the waterfalls for a nice cool-down from the hot sun. There may be baboons or other wildlife in the gorge.
Day 3: Full Day at Lake Natron
Breakfast at camp then we drive to the lake to see flamingoes and other water birds.The flamingo breed here in August –October but there are flamingoes all year round. Come back to the hotel/camp for hot lunch and evening drive to the Northwest of the lake for an evening game drive or having a village walk and Maasai family visit. Dinner and overnight at Kamakia Campsite or Lake Natron Tented Camp. Meals Plan; Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
Day 4: Lake Natron – Serengeti National Park (Northern Part)
After breakfast we head towards the Serengeti National Park,– the Serengeti National Park – with its endless plains, rolling into the distance as far as the eye can see. We head to the Northern park area, known as the Lobo area, one of the richest wildlife habitats in the park, Evening game drive around this part of the Serengeti.
Day 5: Full Day Serengeti National Park
You have another full day in this wonderful park, rising early to make the most of our time. Our guides will choose the best spotting locations for the time of year; you can spend time at the Hippo pool watching these majestic animals laze about in the cool water happily living alongside the crocodiles, watch a big pride of lions, be in the middle of the migration, sometimes surrounded by wildebeest, sometimes by zebras, which travel with the wildebeest. Your journey from the wide open plains to the kopjes: these volcanic rocky outcrops provide protection and shelter for a wide variety of animals and from the top we can look out across the vast grasslands of the Serengeti. This diverse and interesting landscape will provide us with the ultimate in game viewing, you will hopefully see all of the plain games; elephants, giraffe, zebra, wildebeest, lions and if you are lucky the elusive leopard and cheetah, as well as huge amounts of interesting bird life, from the elegant secretary birds to the flightless ostrich.
Day 6 : Serengeti Park - Ngorongoro Crater
Early morning game drive around the Seronera area then back to the camp for a hot breakfast. After that we leave with lunch boxes and head towards the Ngorongoro crater rim. Game viewing en route. On the way we visit the famous Olduvai Gorge, also known as “the cradle of mankind. The gorge lies on the site of an ancient lake, covered by thick layers of volcanic ash, which preserved the world’s earliest records of mankind. The archeological sites were unearthed by the dedicated Leakey family. The museum displays some of the fascinating discoveries and remarkable finds.
Day 7: Ngorongoro Crater - Arusha
After breakfast, we descend to the Crater floor for a game drive. Ngorongoro Crater is the largest collapsed volcanic crater in the world. It is between 16 and 19 kilometers wide and 600 meters below the rim. Ngorongoro Crater is surrounded by a ring of extinct volcanoes and the floor, dotted with watering holes, shelters some 25,000 animals. You can expect to see lions, elephants, zebra, hippo, flamingos, jackal plus many birds and, if you are lucky, rhinoceros. The birds seen here include eagle, vulture, kingfisher, roller, crane, stork, kori bustard and blacksmith plover. We serve your picnic lunch at a hippo pool and thereafter we ascend to the rim and depart for Arusha.
*** End of Service ***
|NC04: Lake Natron - Lake Manyara -
Serengeti - Ngorongoro|
please contact us for current prices and accommodations on this tour
|Product Class||price per person|
|price per person|
|Please contact us (form above top right) for budget prices.|
|Please contact us (form above top right) for mid-range prices.|
|Please contact us (form above top right) for luxury prices.|
- All activities as per the itinerary
- All Accommodation as per itinerary – N.B. accommodation mentioned in the itinerary is dependent on availabilty at the time of booking; alternatives of a similar class may be booked instead
- All meals as per itinerary (3 a day unless otherwise stated)
- All transfers to and from agreed pick up and drop off points (e.g. Airport, Bus Station or hotel in town etc)
- All camping gear (if you are camping)
- Service of an English speaking driver/guide
- Safari base 4×4 Vehicle with open roof for game viewing (sometimes a saloon car or other SUV for excursions in town etc.)
- Driver’s salary and allowances and park fees for vehicle and driver
- Bottled mineral water daily
- All Government taxes
- All National Park and Game Reserve Fees
- If included in your itinerary: foot safaris, boat safaris
- TANAPA armed ranger (where needed, eg. on foot safaris, some boat safaris etc.)
- Crater service fees (if visiting Ngorongoro Crater)
- Extras, personal expenses i.e. drinks, telephone, laundry etc.
- Optional activities not outlined on the itinerary
- International flights & corresponding taxes
- Flying doctors rescue services
- Travel, medical, injury and luggage insurances
- Tips to the driver & guides
- Anything else not mentioned in the inclusions (above).