|Activities:||Eco, Culture, Trekking|
|Min Persons:||2||Max Persons:||7|
This tour takes you to some local villages on the Mbaga hills at Manka in the Kilimanjaro Region. Also to the center of southern Pare Mountains for eco tours. You will visit the historic Malameni Rock where children were sacrificed to gods to appease evil spirits. You trek through the Chome forest reserve in the Shengena Mountains to Tona moorland and Ranz-dam. At the foothills is Mkomazi National Park, which contains 90% of all botanic species in Tanzania and a third of those plants are clarified as unique the world (endemic).
Day 1: Arrival
Arrival day pick up from KIA by shuttle bus to the hotel booked in Arusha for overnight.
Day 2: Arusha - Manka
In the morning pick up in Arusha, Moshi and drive to Manka on Mbaga hills at Hill Top Cottage for lunch, the starting center of the tour. After lunch you can take a short hike to the famous Malameni Rock and Mghimbi caves, earlier used as a hiding place.
Day 3: Manka Chome village
Get up at 06:30 am for an early breakfast followed by hiking Tona Moorland, heading to Tona Ranz Dam. Missionary Mr. D.J. Danholz had a wheat farm at Tona Moorland. You then continue the trek to Chome village where you will arrive in the early afternoon for lunch. Enjoy this interesting village which is very green and famous for producing vegetable and fruits.
Day 4: Chome - Shengena Mountain - Chome
Breakfast in Chome, and then ascend Mt. Shengena, which rise to 2463m, the highest point in both the Pare and Usambara mountains. Continue hiking up through Shengena forest reserve, which consist of endemic plant species and the Shengena black and white Colobus monkeys. After approximately a 3 hour walk, you will reach the peak where on clear days you will be able to view Mt. Meru, Kilimanjaro and the Usambaras. In another 3 hours you descend to Chome arriving in the early afternoon for lunch. Chill out for the afternoon or walk around the area.
Day 5: Chome - Manka - Arusha
After breakfast, walk back to Manka where you will arrive in the early afternoon in time for lunch. After lunch the drive will take you back to Arusha.
*** End of Service ***
|NC17: Pare Mountains Hike (NC17)|
please contact us for current prices and accommodations on this tour
|Product Class||price per person|
|price per person|
|Please contact us (form above top right) for budget prices.|
|Please contact us (form above top right) for mid-range prices.|
|Please contact us (form above top right) for luxury prices.|
- All activities as per the itinerary
- All Accommodation as per itinerary – N.B. accommodation mentioned in the itinerary is dependent on availabilty at the time of booking; alternatives of a similar class may be booked instead
- All meals as per itinerary (3 a day unless otherwise stated)
- All transfers to and from agreed pick up and drop off points (e.g. Airport, Bus Station or hotel in town etc)
- All camping gear (if you are camping)
- Service of an English speaking driver/guide
- Safari base 4×4 Vehicle with open roof for game viewing (sometimes a saloon car or other SUV for excursions in town etc.)
- Driver’s salary and allowances and park fees for vehicle and driver
- Bottled mineral water daily
- All Government taxes
- All Nature Trail Fees.
- Extras, personal expenses i.e. drinks, telephone, laundry etc.
- Optional activities not outlined on the itinerary
- International flights & corresponding taxes
- Flying doctors rescue services
- Travel, medical, injury and luggage insurances
- Tips to the driver & guides
- Anything else not mentioned in the inclusions (above).