Climbing Mount Meru
|Activities:||Trekking,Climbing, Half day game drive.|
|Min Persons:||2||Max Persons:||7|
This tour is physically exerting and is more suited to fit persons.
Mount Meru – the fifth highest mountain in Africa at 4,566 meters (14,990 feet) – dominates the park’s horizon. Its peaks and eastern foot slopes are protected within the national park. Meru offers unparalleled views of its famous neighbor, Kilimanjaro, while also forming a rewarding hiking destination in its own right. This hike is great acclimatization for everyone who wants to climb Mt.Kilimanjaro.
Day 1: Arusha - Mariakamba Hut (4-5 hours)
Drive from Arusha to the Mt. Meru park gate, where our game ranger and porters will meet you. Hike for a few hours through Northern route or six hours Southern Route Via one of the parks major attraction Fig trees to Mariakamba Hut at 8,500 ft. From here, you may wish to take an evening walk on the slopes to view wildlife at one of the watering holes in the crater.
Day 2: Mariakamba Hut - Saddle Hut (3-4hours)
After breakfast, hike to up to 11,500 ft to arrive at Saddle Hut. If time permits, you can climb a little further on Mount Meru for a scenic view of the ‘Roof of Africa’, Mount Kilimanjaro. This will also be part of more acclimatization. Overnight at Saddle Hut.
Day 3: Saddle Hut - Meru Summit - Mariakamba Hut (4-6 hours)
An early rise to hike all the way to the summit before the afternoon clouds cover the summit. From the summit, descend back to the 11,500 ft Saddle Hut in time for lunch. After lunch, hike down to Mariakamba Hut for dinner.
Day 4: Mariakamba Hut - Arusha
Breakfast at the camp and a leisurely morning. Descend through the southern route or the northern route to the park gate to connect with your waiting transfer vehicle back to Arusha. Continue with other programs or depart as planned.
*** End of Service ***
|NC10: (NC10) 4 Days Mount Meru Climbing|
prices are valid for tours beginning before: 2022-06-30
|Product Class||price per person|
|price per person|
|NC10 Budget||pax 2 - 3:|
|pax 4 - 6:|
|Please contact us (form above top right) for mid-range prices.|
|Please contact us (form above top right) for luxury prices.|
- All activities as per the itinerary
- All Accommodation as per itinerary – N.B. accommodation mentioned in the itinerary is dependent on availabilty at the time of booking; alternatives of a similar class may be booked instead
- All meals as per itinerary (3 a day unless otherwise stated)
- All transfers to and from agreed pick up and drop off points (e.g. Airport, Bus Station or hotel in town etc)
- All camping gear (if you are camping)
- Service of an English speaking driver/guide
- Safari base 4×4 Vehicle with open roof for game viewing (sometimes a saloon car or other SUV for excursions in town etc.)
- Driver’s salary and allowances and park fees for vehicle and driver
- Bottled mineral water daily
- All Government taxes
- Kilimanjaro only - Oxygen is not normally needed but can be carried if requested before tour begin
- Rescue fees
- Professional Kilimanjaro Team with English speaking Mountain guide, up to 4 porters per person
- Professional Cook
- Climbing Certificates
- All wildlife reserve entry fees
- Extras, personal expenses i.e. drinks, telephone, laundry etc.
- Optional activities not outlined on the itinerary
- International flights & corresponding taxes
- Flying doctors rescue services
- Travel, medical, injury and luggage insurances
- Tips to the driver & guides
- Anything else not mentioned in the inclusions (above).