4 Days Tarangire - Serengeti - Ngorongoro Crater Safari
|Activities:||Game Drives, Historical Tour, Maasai Culture tour|
|Min Persons:||2||Max Persons:||6|
Even if you don’t have the time to follow the big herds, you will be amazed at what you see in just a short time in Serengeti. With a massive population of lions, you will see many feelings of pride, and at different times of the day, you will see them at rest, hunting, or feeding. Approximately seventy other large mammals, primates, and up to 500 species of birds throughout the Park mean that it is always a spectacle. In short spaces, you can visit many ecosystems such as kopjes, swamps, riverine forests, and the famous, vast, open grasslands. Our safari package NC19 follows the great migration.
Day 1: Arusha City – Tarangire National Park
Meet at the agreed pick-up point in Arusha and depart for Tarangire National Park. Picnic lunch and game drive in Tarangire National Park. Tarangire National Park covers an area of 2,600 sq km and was established in 1970. The Park has numerous baobab trees that will primarily catch your attention. The Park derived its name from the Tarangire River, which rises in the highlands of Central Tanzania and winds its way through the game sanctuary. The river beguilingly lures the herds of plains migrants from the surrounding area to its shrunken but permanent brackish waters during the dry season. The animals come by thousands from as far north as the shores of Lake Natron to the bank of this river, significantly swelling the resident population with wildebeest, zebra, eland, elephant, hartebeest, buffalo, and fringe-eared Oryx. During the dry season, the Tarangire pools are clotted with thirsty migrants, and the elephants begin to dig for underground streams in the dry riverbed. Tarangire National Park is said to have the highest recorded number of breeding bird species for any habitat in the world.
Day 2: Tarangire National Park - Serengeti National Park
After breakfast, depart for Serengeti National Park with an en-route game drive. Picnic lunch and an afternoon short game drive in Serengeti National Park. The Serengeti is arguably the most impressive wildlife sanctuary in the world. In the endless plains of the Serengeti, you have a good chance to see the great herds of wildebeest, zebras, and gazelles or a pride of lions lounging in the shade.
Day 3: Serengeti National Park – Ngorongoro Crater
Into the vast Serengeti plains at the break of dawn for an early morning game drive. Myriad wildebeest, gazelle, and antelope attract the attention of predators like cheetah and hyena, and you may see a band of lions prides up for a hunt. Drive back to camp for breakfast, and then we leave with packed lunches on board for a game viewing of the Ngorongoro crater rim.
Day 4: Ngorongoro Crater Tour – Arusha
After breakfast, descend to the Crater floor for an exciting game drive. Ngorongoro Crater is the most giant collapsed volcanic crater globally, about seventeen and fourteen kilometres wide, a paradise of isolated natural beauty. A ring of extinct volcanoes surrounds it, and the floor, dotted with watering holes, shelters some 30,000 animals. You can expect to see lions, elephants, zebras, hippos, flamingos, jackals, rhinos, antelope and many birds. The birds seen here include eagle, vulture, stork, cranes, giant vulture, sacred ibis, kori bustard, blacksmith plover, roller, various kingfishers, and much more. Picnic lunch will take place at the hippo pool. Ascend to the rim and depart for Arusha City, where the tour will end.
*** End of Service ***
|NC21: Tanzania Big Five Safari|
prices are valid for tours beginning before: 2024-06-30
|Product Class||price per person|
|price per person|
|NC21 Budget||pax 2 - 3:|
|pax 4 - 6:|
|NC21 Midrange||pax 2 - 3:|
|pax 4 - 6:|
|Please contact us (form above top right) for luxury prices.|
- All activities as per the itinerary
- All Accommodation as per itinerary – N.B. accommodation mentioned in the itinerary is dependent on availabilty at the time of booking; alternatives of a similar class may be booked instead
- All meals as per itinerary (3 a day unless otherwise stated)
- All transfers to and from agreed pick up and drop off points (e.g. Airport, Bus Station or hotel in town etc)
- All camping gear (if you are camping)
- Service of an English speaking driver/guide
- Safari base 4×4 Vehicle with open roof for game viewing (sometimes a saloon car or other SUV for excursions in town etc.)
- Driver’s salary and allowances and park fees for vehicle and driver
- Bottled mineral water daily
- All Government taxes
- All National Park and Game Reserve Fees
- If included in your itinerary: foot safaris, boat safaris
- TANAPA armed ranger (where needed, eg. on foot safaris, some boat safaris etc.)
- Crater service fees (if visiting Ngorongoro Crater)
- Extras, personal expenses i.e. drinks, telephone, laundry etc.
- Optional activities not outlined on the itinerary
- International flights & corresponding taxes
- Flying doctors rescue services
- Travel, medical, injury and luggage insurances
- Tips to the driver & guides
- Anything else not mentioned in the inclusions (above).