|Activities:||culture, history, beach, marine and other wildlife|
|Min Persons:||2||Max Persons:||7|
Day 1: Meet & Greet - Transfer to Hotel - Relax at the Resort
Arrive at Zanzibar International airport or at the ferry port to meet our representative and then transfer to the East coast for relaxation and overnight stay.
Day 2: City and Spice Tour
Depart from hotel to our historic Stone Town for a visit to the local market(food and spices), Visit the Anglican church which is built on the site of the former slave market, see the former British club better known as the Africa house and take an amazing walk through the streets of Stone Town to see the beautifully carved doors of Zanzibar. The Freddy Mercury house, the old fort, the House of wonders are all to be visited during you tour. Lunch break in Stone Town after which you depart for an afternoon spice tour. Just north of Stone Town, where all the spices of Zanzibar are grown. It is an amazing experience to see how all the spices develop, from trees to bushes. See, smell, sample some spices with explanations from your guide on how the various spices are used in cooking and medicine. Spices can be purchased here if you wish! You are transferred back to your hotel.
Day 3: Dolphins and Monkeys
07h00: up for an early start to head towards Kizimkazi. Formerly the capital of Zanzibar, Kizimkazi boasts of the oldest mosque in East Africa, a 12th century structure that still stands. This fisherman’s village lies on a bay which is known to be the home of thousands of dolphins. Hence our main target for the day – swimming with the dolphins. We board our motorized boat and head out for dolphin viewing and with a bit of luck we will swim with them. You will spend about two hours here before you go back to the shore where you might want to do some snorkeling. Around noon, you are back on the shore at Kizimkazi for lunch and relaxation. After lunch you will take a 20 minutes drive to Jozani, the only remaining rain forest in Zanzibar, here you will walk in the tropical part of the forest to large red mahogany trees. Jozani is particularly known for it’s rare monkeys – the Zanzibar Red Colobus Monkeys. You will see them close up and you will also walk into the mangroves on a board walk. You will spend approximately 2 hours in the national park after which you will be driven back to your hotel for dinner and overnight.
Day 4: Safari Blue
Depart at 08h00 from your hotel for yet another wonderful experience. Boating in Zanzibar aboard a local dhow. You depart from the beautiful beach of Fumba on the picturesque southwestern coast of Zanzibar. The crystal clear waters and beautiful snorkeling will be a highlight of this trip. You may well see more dolphins here. You can swim in the mangrove pool. Snorkeling here is stunningly beautiful; this area is part of Menai conservation and largely unspoiled. For refreshments you will be taken on to a virgin sand bank and thereafter go to Kwale Island to enjoy your seafood buffet seated almost in the sea. Rock lobster, prawns, calamari, octopus, 2 types of fish, coconut sauce and rice and chapati- yummy! Dessert consists of almost 10 different types of exotic fruits and Zanzibar coffee. It is now time to relax and reflect on this tiny paradise that belongs to you for a day – what a happy ending!
Day 5-6: Beach Day Relaxation
Relax and enjoy Zanzibar’s Beaches around your resort. Or do any of the many things you have not yet done on Zanzibar.
Day 7: Departure
We transfer you to Zanzibar Airport or the ferry port for departure. This is when we say, “Kwaheri”.
*** End of Service ***
|DZ05: Zanzibar Vacation Week|
please contact us for current prices and accommodations on this tour
|Product Class||price per person|
|price per person|
|Please contact us (form above top right) for budget prices.|
|Please contact us (form above top right) for mid-range prices.|
|Please contact us (form above top right) for luxury prices.|
- All activities as per the itinerary
- All Accommodation as per itinerary – N.B. accommodation mentioned in the itinerary is dependent on availabilty at the time of booking; alternatives of a similar class may be booked instead
- All meals as per itinerary (3 a day unless otherwise stated)
- All transfers to and from agreed pick up and drop off points (e.g. Airport, Bus Station or hotel in town etc)
- All camping gear (if you are camping)
- Service of an English speaking driver/guide
- Safari base 4×4 Vehicle with open roof for game viewing (sometimes a saloon car or other SUV for excursions in town etc.)
- Driver’s salary and allowances and park fees for vehicle and driver
- Bottled mineral water daily
- All Government taxes
- All Museum Fees.
- All Historic and Culture Site or Event Fees
- Extras, personal expenses i.e. drinks, telephone, laundry etc.
- Optional activities not outlined on the itinerary
- International flights & corresponding taxes
- Flying doctors rescue services
- Travel, medical, injury and luggage insurances
- Tips to the driver & guides
- Anything else not mentioned in the inclusions (above).