Zanzibar Island to Mikumi National Park -3Days Safari
|Maasai Visit, Culture tour, Game drive
Mikumi Safari is a short tour that can be arranged from Zanzibar with the Kanuth Adventure Safari team. This tour can start from your beach at Nungwi or any other place in Zazniabr Island, and takes you to visit one of the spectacular’s southern circuit National parks of Tanzania. The park hosts’ small and large mammals including variety of birds species and reptiles. Our team of experience and knowledge guide will go the extra miles to ensure that you will enjoy and experience nature, wildlife, habit and habitat of the fauna and flora in the natural areas, also peoples and culture.
Day 1:Zanzibar - Dar es salaam – Mikumi National Park
Early morning pick up from your beach hotel in Zanzibar and transfer to Stone Town ferry station for the first boat to D’Salaam which depart at 7:00 am. On arrival at Dar es salaam port, your driver-guide will be ready to pick you up and depart to Mikumi National Park with a hot lunch stop at Msolwa restaurant. On arrival, you will check-in at the lodge. The drive to the Maasai Village for a culture and tradition tour. There you will see how the cattle come from grazing and Maasai women they milking, dancing and get the history of this one old tribe in Africa. Enjoy your moment until sunset when you will drive back to the lodge for a shower and dinner.
Day 2: Full day Game drive in Mikumi National Park
Morning after breakfast, with packed lunch full day games drive in the park. Mikumi’s vegetation includes woodland, swamp and grassland with two water holes, Mkata and Chamgore. Apart from the saddle-bill stork, hammer kop and malachite kingfisher, you will also find monitor lizard and perhaps a python inhabiting the pools. After lunch proceed with afternoon game drives in the park a home to Elephant, Lion, Wild dog, Zebras, Hyena, Buffalo, Wildebeest, Eland, Hartebeest, Crocodile, Lizard and other residents. Evening leave the park and drive back to your lodge for dinner and overnight.
Day 3: Mikumi Park- Dar es Salaam- Zanzibar
Breakfast at your lodge, then leave the park and drive to Dar es salaam with a lunch stop at the restaurant in Morogoro. Proceed with a drive to the port and take a boat to Stone Town. On arrival your driver from Kanuth Adventure Safari will pick you up and transfer you to the hotel of your choice in Zanzibar. Then we drive back to Dar es salaam and drop you off at the agreed place.
*** End of Service ***
- All activities as per the itinerary
- All Accommodation as per itinerary – N.B. accommodation mentioned in the itinerary is dependent on availabilty at the time of booking; alternatives of a similar class may be booked instead
- All meals as per itinerary (3 a day unless otherwise stated)
- All transfers to and from agreed pick up and drop off points (e.g. Airport, Bus Station or hotel in town etc)
- All camping gear (if you are camping)
- Service of an English speaking driver/guide
- Safari base 4×4 Vehicle with open roof for game viewing (sometimes a saloon car or other SUV for excursions in town etc.)
- Driver’s salary and allowances and park fees for vehicle and driver
- Bottled mineral water daily
- All Government taxes
- Extras, personal expenses i.e. drinks, telephone, laundry etc.
- Optional activities not outlined on the itinerary
- International flights & corresponding taxes
- Flying doctors rescue services
- Travel, medical, injury and luggage insurances
- Tips to the driver & guides
- Anything else not mentioned in the inclusions (above).