6 Days Holiday in Zanzibar
|Activities:||Beach, Dolphin Tour, Prison Island, Spice tour, Stone Town tour|
|Min Persons:||2||Max Persons:||7|
The History & Spice Island – this tour takes you to the east coast of Zanzibar where you will experience white, sandy beaches. You will also stay in Stone Town, surrounded by culture and history. Excursions include a Spice Tour. You will enjoy your tour and experience this spicy and historic island. Spice up your life!
Day 1: Arrival - Meet and Greet at the Airport or Ferry - Relax
Depending on your time of arrival you are free until the evening. Just relax in a bar on the seaside or go for a stroll into town.
Day 2: Guided Tour of Stone Town
In the morning, after breakfast, around 09:00, you take a guided tour of Stone Town. Stone Town was declared as a world heritage site by UNESCO. With our guide, you will walk in the footsteps of the historic Arab Sultans of Zanzibar. Discover the picturesque labyrinths of Zanzibar which are full of interest, amazing carved doors and narrow alleys take you back 200 years, to the days of slave trading. Visit of the historical sites, presentation of the Zanzibar doors, their roles and significance. Tour is over around midday after which you are free to do other things – your guide can recommend other nearby sites.
Day 3: Your Free Day
Go back to Stone Town to see more or choose one of the many other sites or museums to visit. But check out the rest of your itinerary in case some of those things are planned in any case. There is so much to do and so many things to see here. The old fort on the seafront makes an interesting visit and in the promenade, there is a fish market with lots of stands selling snacks and marine lunches. A relaxing bar on the pier will help you digest the food and relax.
Day 4: Off to Prison Island - to see Giant Turtles!?
In the morning, after breakfast at 09:00, leave on a small boat for a prison island tour. Changuu Island aka Kibandiko, Prison or Quarantine Island. is just 6 km northwest of Stone Town. The island is 800 meters long and no more than 230 meters wide. It was planned to be a prison for slaves but was also used as a coral mine. No prisoners were ever taken there so it became a quarantine station for yellow fever victims. It is now a government-owned tourist resort. On the island, there is a population of the endangered Aldabra giant tortoises which were originally imported from the Seychelle Islands.
Day 5: Swim with Dolphins and See Rare Monkeys
In the morning, at 07:00 depart by vehicle towards the Kizimkazi village where you can board our boat to swim with dolphins. After that great experience, you can return to the beach to do some snorkelling. After lunch, we return towards your overnight stay but stop off en route to explore mangroves, and to see the red colobus monkeys and perhaps other animals in Jozani Forest.
Day 6: Departure: Airport or Ferry
This when we say, “Kwaheri”.
*** End of Service ***
|DZ04: Zanzibar Holiday|
please contact us for current prices and accommodations on this tour
|Product Class||price per person|
|price per person|
|Please contact us (form above top right) for budget prices.|
|Please contact us (form above top right) for mid-range prices.|
|Please contact us (form above top right) for luxury prices.|
- All activities as per the itinerary
- All Accommodation as per itinerary – N.B. accommodation mentioned in the itinerary is dependent on availabilty at the time of booking; alternatives of a similar class may be booked instead
- All meals as per itinerary (3 a day unless otherwise stated)
- All transfers to and from agreed pick up and drop off points (e.g. Airport, Bus Station or hotel in town etc)
- All camping gear (if you are camping)
- Service of an English speaking driver/guide
- Safari base 4×4 Vehicle with open roof for game viewing (sometimes a saloon car or other SUV for excursions in town etc.)
- Driver’s salary and allowances and park fees for vehicle and driver
- Bottled mineral water daily
- All Government taxes
- Extras, personal expenses i.e. drinks, telephone, laundry etc.
- Optional activities not outlined on the itinerary
- International flights & corresponding taxes
- Flying doctors rescue services
- Travel, medical, injury and luggage insurances
- Tips to the driver & guides
- Anything else not mentioned in the inclusions (above).